Список форумов Гомеопатическое лечение Гомеопатическое лечение
форум

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Цинхона - описание по разным авторам

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Гомеопатическое лечение -> Разное
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
sma111

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 23, 2022 11:03 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Цинхона - описание по разным авторам Ответить с цитатой

у меня возникла необходимость изучить это лекарство.
нашел в сети на русском у нескольких авторов (в основном - с сайта доктора Соляра) , плюс добавил на английском статью о Хине из Материя медика Пура С. Ганеманна
Оглавление:
1. Хина по С. Ганеманну
2. Хина по М. Боланду стр. 5
3. Хина по Бэйли (психика!) стр. 7
4. Хина по С.Богеру м случаи стр. 10
5. Хина по Ж.Шаррету стр. 14
6. Хина по Дерикеру стр. 17
7. Хина по Дж.Т. Кенту стр.21
8. Хина по Фатаку стр. 24
9. Хина по Р. Шанкарану и случаи стр.26
10. Хина по Витко стр. 37
11. Хина по М.Л. Тайлер стр.39
12. Хина по С.Ганнеман из ММ Пура на англ стр. 47
13. Хина по Э.Фаррингтон стр. 85

скачать можно здесь - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2w57/MjaTKEd3V
sma111

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 23, 2022 11:11 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

подробность, с которой С.Ганеманн дает описание лекарств, восхищает ВСЕГДА Wink вот бы современным испытателям взять его стиль во внимание, а то большинство испытаний фрагментарны и малополезны ;-(
обнаружил, что сайт, с которого брал ММ Пура. "умер" - решил тут разместить описание Хины с него:
часть 1 -

CHINA.
(Cinchona Bark.)
(From vol. iii, 2nd edit., 1825.)
(The alcoholic tincture of the thin tubular as well as the royal bark, Cinchona officinalis.)
Excepting opium I know no medicine that has been more and oftener misused in diseases, and employed to the injury of mankind, than cinchona bark. It was regarded not only as perfectly innocuous, but as a wholesome and universally beneficial medicine in almost all morbid states particularly where debility was observed, and was often prescribed in large doses several times a day for many weeks, and even months, together.
In so acting the ordinary physicians were guided by an utterly false principle, and they confirmed the reproach I have already frequently made against them to the more sensible portion of the public, that they have hitherto sought in traditional opinions, in guesses prompted by false lights in theoretical maxims and chance ideas what they could and should find only by impartial observation, clear experience, and pure experiment, in a pure science of experience such as medicine from its nature must only be.
Setting aside all guess-work and all traditional unproved opinions, I adopted the latter method, and I found, as with the other medicines, so especially with cinchona bark, by testing its dynamical powers on the healthy human being, that has certainly as it extremely curative in some cases of disease, so surely can it also develop the most morbid symptoms of a special kind in the healthy human body symptoms often of great intensity and long duration, as shown by the following true observations and experiments.
Thereby, first of all, the prevailing delusion as to the harmlessness, the child-like mildness and the all-wholesome character of cinchona bark is refuted. (As long ago as the year 1790 (See W. CULLENís Materia Medica, Leipzig, bei Schwickert, ii, p. 109, note) I made the first pure trial with cinchona bark upon myself, in reference to its power of exciting intermittent fever. With this first trial broke upon me the dawn that has since brightened into the most brilliant day of the medical art that it is only in virtue of their power to make the healthy human being ill that medicines can cure morbid states, and indeed, only such morbid states are composed of symptoms which the drug to be selected for them can itself produce in similarity on the healthy. This is a truth so incontrovertible, so absolutely without exception, that all the venom poured out on it by the members of the medical guild, blinded by their thousand-years old prejudices, is powerless to extinguish it as powerless as were the vituperations launched against HARVEYís immortal discovery of the greater circulation in the human body by RIOLAN and his crew to destroy the truth revealed by HARVEY. These opponents of an inextinguishable truth fought with the same despicable weapons as do to-day the adversaries of the homoeopathic medical doctrine. Like their modern congeners they also refrained from repeating his experiments in a true, careful manner, (for fear lest they might be confused by facts), and confined themselves to abuse, appealing to the great antiquity of their error (for GALENís predecessors and GALEN himself had arbitrarily decided that the arteries contained only spiritual air, and that the source of the blood was not in the heart but in the liver), and they cried out: Malo cum Galeno errare cum Harveyo esse circulator! This blindness, this obstinate appeal to the extreme antiquity of their delusion (it was only after thirty years and more that HARVEY had the satisfaction of seeing his true doctrine universally adopted), was in those days not more stupid than the blindness of to-day, and the present aimless rancour against homoeopathy which exposes the pernicious rubbish talked about ancient and modern arbitrary maxims and unjustifiable practices, and teaches that it is only by the responses given by nature when questioned that we can with sure perscience change diseases into health rapidly, gently, and permanently. )
But equally evident is it, from the symptoms of disease produced by cinchona bark in healthy observers recorded below, that the numerous unhappy results of the treatment by this bark occurring in the practice of ordinary physicians, and the frequently incurable aggravations of disease developed where bark in long continued and large doses was the main remedy in the prescriptions were owing solely to the noxious character of this drug when employed in unsuitable cases, and in too frequent and too large doses. This noxious character is demonstrated by the medicinal symptoms recorded below, which physicians till now were not aware of, and which they made no effort to ascertain. On the contrary, they innocently ascribed these aggravations to the natural course of the disease itself.
But I refrain from blaming these physicians, whose judgement is biassed by the prejudices of their schools, on this account, (their conscience will doubtless reproach them for it) I will content myself with expressing my own convictions in a few remarks.
1.Cinchona bark is one of the most powerful vegetable medicines. When it is accurately indicated as a remedy, and when the patient is seriously and intensely affected by a disease that china is capable of removing, I find that one drop of a diluted tincture of cinchona bark, which contains a quadrillionth (1/ 1000000,000000,000000,000000,th) of a grain of china-power, is a strong (often a too strong) dose, (Compare this with the large doses of this drug given in ordinary practice!) , which can accomplish and cure all alone all that china is capable of doing in the case before us generally without it being necessary to repeat this dose in order to effect a cure a second dose being rarely, very rarely, required. In the case neither of this nor of any other medicine did a preconcieved opinion or an eccentric fancy lead me to this minuteness of dose. No, multiplied experience and faithful observation led me to reduce the dose to such an extent. Led by experience and observations I clearly saw that larger doses, even where they did good, acted much more powerfully than was needed for the cure. Hence the smaller doses and as I repeatedly observed from these the same effects though in a less degree, I gave still smaller, and the very smallest doses. These proved sufficient to effect a complete cure, and they did not display the violence of larger doses, which tends to delay the cure.
2. A very small dose of china acts for but a short time, hardly a couple of days, but a large dose, such as is employed in the practice of every day, often acts for several weeks if it be not got rid of by vomiting or diarrhoea, and thus ejected from the organism. From this we may judge how excellent the ordinary practice is of giving every day several and moreover large doses of bark!
3. If the homoeopathic law be right ñ as it incontestably is right without any exception, and its derived from a pure observation of nature ñ that medicines can easily rapidly, and permanently cure cases of disease only when the latter are made up of symptoms similar to the medicinal symptoms observed from the administration of the former to healthy persons then we find, on a consideration of the symptoms of china, that this medicine is adapted for but few diseases, but that where it is accurately indicated, owing to the immense power of its action, one single very small dose will often effect a marvellous its action, one single very small dose will often effect a marvellous cure.
I say cure, and by this I mean a ìrecovery undisturbed by after-sufferingsî. Or have practitioners of this ordinary stamp another, to me unknown, idea of what constitutes a cure? Will they, for instance, call cures the suppression by this drug of agues for which bark is unsuited? I know full well that almost all periodic diseases, and almost all agus, even such as are not suited for china, must be suppressed and lose their periodic character by this powerful drug, administered as it usually is in enormous and oft-repeated doses but are the poor sufferers thereby really cured? Has nottheir pervious disease only undergone a transformation into another and worse disease, though it may no longer manifest itself in intermittent attacks recurring periodically, but has become a continued and, we may say, a more insidious disease by this very powerful and, in this case, insuitable medicine? True, they can no longer complain that the paroxysm of their original disease reappears on certain days and at certain hours but note the earthy complexion of their puffy faces, the dulness of their eyes! See how oppressed is their breathing, how hard and distented is their epigastrium, how tensely swollen their loins, how miserable their appetite, how perverted their taste, how oppressed and painful their stomachs by all food, how indigested and abnormal their faecal evacuations, how anxious, dreamful, and unrefreshing their sleep! Look how weary, how joyless, how dejected, how irritably sensitive or stupid they are as they drag themselves about, tormented by a much greater number of ailments than afflicted them in their ague! And how long does not such a china-cachexy often last, in comparison with which death itself were often preferable!
Is this health? It is not ague, that I readily, that I readily admit but confess ñ and no one can deny it ñ it is certainly not health. It is rather another, but a worse, disease than ague. It is the china-disease, which must be more severe than the ague otherwise it could not overcome and suppress (suspend) the latter.
Should the organism, as it sometimes will, recover from this china disease after many weeks, then the ague, which has till now remained suspended by the superior force of the dissimilar china-disease, returns in an aggravated form, because the organism has been so much deteriorated by the improper treatment.
If the attack be now renewed in a still more energetic manner with cinchona bark, and continued for a longer time in order, as it is said, to ward off the fits, there then occurs a chronic china-cachexy, a faint picture of which will be found in the symptoms recorded below.
Such are most of the bark treatments of our physicians, because they know not what are the cases for which bark is suited. They are suppressions of the original affection by the production of a stronger china-disease, which is mistaken for a manifestation of the obstinacy of the original disease, the development of new symptoms being attributed to its peculiar malignity because it is not known that these ailments are due to china, because it is not recognised what they are, namely, artificially induced china-disease.
The following symptoms caused solely by bark acting on the healthy body, will open the eyes of physicians on this subject, those of them at least who have not yet acquired the faculty of silencing their consciences, and in whose bosoms a warm heart for the welfare of their fellow creatures still beats.
Most intolerable and unjustifiable, however, is the monstrous abuse made by the dominant school of medicine, which plumes itself on being the only rational school, of this powerful drug in all kinds of debility.
There is no disease which is attended by weakness (as almost every one is naturally), or which physicians by their unsuitable allopathic medicinal mixtures have reduced to exhaustion of vital powers ñ where they did not consider it necessary to give this bark in large doses in order to strengthen as they call it no patient prostrated, ruined and enfeebled by improper drugs to a condition of complicated cachexy whom they have not endevoured to set up and restore to a healthy condition by tonic potions of infusion, decoction, extract, electuary of china, or by the same drug in powder. He is stuffed and tortured with it for weeks and months under the pretence that it will do him good. Of the consequence of such treatment I would prefer to say nothing. If the death-rolls could speak, they would most eloquently speak the praises of this abuse of bark and so also would the crowds of the living victims of asthmatic, dropsical, and icteric diseases, and those other unfortunates who remain affected with neuralgic os spasmodic maladie, or with malignant growths, abdominal sufferings or lingering fever, if they but knew what mischief had been done to them.
I would appeal to the common sense of these practitioners and ask them how, without being guilty of the most unpardonable slipshod practice, they can venture to administer bark in all those infinitely various diseases, which of themselves, as also especially in consequence of the traditional medical treatment, must necessarily medical be attended by weakness? How can they ever imagine that they can strengthen a sick person whilst he is still suffering from his disease, the source of his weakness? Have they ever seen a patient rapidly cured of his disease by appropriate remedies who failed to recover his strength in the very process of the removal of his disease? If, however, as is natural, it is only by the cure of the disease that the weakness of the patient can cease and give place to strength and activity, and if, on the other hand, there can be no question of a removal of the weakness as long as its source is not dried up, that is to say, as long as the disease on which it depends is not cured, what a perverse treatment must not that be, which seeks to make strong and active by the administration of china (and wine) a patient at whose vitals the disease is still gnawing! These practitioners cannot cure diseases, but they can attempt to strengthen these uncured patients with cinchona-bark. How can such a stupid idea ever enter their heads? If bark is to make all sick persons strong, active and cheerful, it must needs be the universal panacea which shall at once deliver all patients from all their maladies, from all morbid sensations and abnormal functions, that is to say, make them in all their ailments in every respect well and free from disease! For so long as the plague of disease deranges the whole man, consumes his forces and robs him of every feeling of well-being, it is a childish, foolish, self-contradictory undertaking to attempt to give such an uncured person strength and activity.
That cinchona-bark is no panacea for all diseases, we are taught by the sad experience of the ordinary practice but its symptoms show that it can be an appropriate, real remedy for only a few cases of disease.
It is no doubt true that by the first doses of bark the strength of the patient, be he ever so ill, is increased for a few hours he is able to raise himself up in bed all alone, as if by a miracle he wants to get out of bed and put on his clothes all at once he speaks in a stronger more resolute manner, venturing to walk alone, and grows animated, eagerly desires to eat this or that,- but a careful accurate observer easily sees that this excitation is only an unnatural tension (see below the note to ß 895). A few hours pass and the patient sinks back, sinks deeper down into his disease, and the fatal result is often accelerated.
Do not these gentlemen perceive that no one can become well (truly strong and active) as long as his disease lasts?
No! the always suspicious semblance of strength communicated to the patient for a few hours by bark is invariably attended by the saddest results, and this will ever be so, except in those rare cases where cinchona-bark is at the same time the right remedy for the disease on which the weakness depends. In such cases the patientís weakness ceases immediately with the disease. But, as I have said, such cases are rare, for cinchona-bark is the true remedy (which relieves rapidly, permanently, and without after-ailments) for but few diseases. In all the many other cases bark, as a medicine and so-called tonic, must to harm, and the more so the stronger its medicinal power (injuring when given improperly) is. For all medicines, without exception , can do no good when unsuitable for the case of disease, and must inflict so much the more injury the greater their medicinal strength (and the larger the doses in which they are given).
Hence, physicians should first learn the peculiar power oaction of cinchona-bark, and exactly what particular alterations in the health of human beings it is capable of causing, before they presume to undertake the cure of diseases, and consequently the morbid weakness, with this powerful medicinal agent. They should first know the symptoms of china before attempting to determine for what collection of morbid symptoms, that is, for what case of disease it may be curative it can be curative for none but those whose symptoms are to be found in similarity among the symptoms of china, he who falls to do this will always commit mistakes, and do infinitely more harm than good to the patient.
When china has been selected according to conscientious homoeopathic conviction (but not as hitherto, according to theoretical views, deceptive names of diseases, or the misleading authority of equally blind predecessors), and is consequently the truly appropriate remedy of the case of disease to be treated, in such a case, and for that very reason, it also the true strengthening remedy. It strengthens in as much as it removes the disease, for it is only the organism free from disease that restores the defective strength strength cannot be materially poured into it by a decoction of china (or by wine).
There are no doubt cases where the disease itself consists of weakness, and in such cases bark is at once the most appropriate curative and strengthening remedy. Such a case is that where the sufferings of the patient are solely or chiefly owing to weakness from loss of humours, from great loss of blood (also from repeated venesections), great loss of milk in nursing women, loss of saliva, frequent seminal losses, profuse suppurations (profuse sweats), and weakening by frequent purgatives, where almost all the other ailments of the patient are wont to correspond in similarity with the china symptoms (see notes to 837 and 860). If, then, there is here no other disease in the background to produce dynamically or to keep up the loss of humours, then for the cure of this peculiar weakness (from loss of humours), which has here become the disease, one or two doses as small as those above mentioned, (Here as elsewhere I insist on the sufficiency and efficiency of such small doses. And yet the vulgar herd can never understand me, for they know nothing of the pure treatment with one single simple medicinal substance to the exclusion of all other sorts of medicinal irritants, and their thoughts are enchained in the mazes of their old routine. Even when the ordinary physicians now and then constrain themselves to give in some (acute) disease one single medicine, they never have the heart to refrain from using at the same time several other things possessing medicinal power, which, however, they regard as of no consequence, and to which they apply the trivial name of domestic remedies.) They must always use simultaneously either a poultice of so-called aromatic or solvent herbs applied to the most painful part(just as though these could have no effect on the patient through his olfactory nerves, nor act as a heterogeneous medicine through the skin!), or they must rub in some medicinal ointment, or give a medicinal vapour-bath, or a medicinal gargle, or apply a blister or sinapism, or prescribe several half, whole or foot-baths, or order clysters of valerian, camomile, &c. (just as though all these were a mere nothing and did not act on the human system as heterogeneous powerful medicine through the skin, the mouth, the rectum, the colon, &c.!), or they must administer simultaneously a tea of mint camomile, elder-flower, so-called pectoral herbs, &c. (Just as though a handful of such herbs or flowers infused in boiling water counted for nothing!). In such an onslaught with heterogeneous drugs, which, although ignorance looks upon them as innocuous domestic remedies, are to all intents and purposes medicines, and some of them very powerful medicines, in this accessory quackery, I say, even a large dose of medicine of another kind can, of a truth, never display its peculiar action, and such an uncommonly small dose as homoeopathy requires is completely powerless it will be instaneously overpowered and aniihilated. No! in the language of rational men that alone can be called giving a single medicine in a disease, when, excepting this one, all other medicinal influences aer excluded from the patient and carefully kept away from the patient and carefully kept away from him. But he who will do this must know what things brought in contact with the human body act medicinally on it. So long as he does not know this it must be ascribed to his ignorance that he considers as nothing, as not at all medicinal, such things as herb-teas and clysters, poultices and baths of herbs and salts, and the other things just mentioned, and continues to use them thoughtlessly under the name of domestic remedies during the employment of medicine internally. Still more heedlessly in this respect is the treatment of chronic maladies conducted for, in addition to what the patient takes from medicine chests and bottles, and the external applications and so-called domestic remedies that are usually administered to the patient, lots of superfluous hurtful things are allowed, and even prescribed, which are also regarded as indifferent matters in spite of the disturbing effects they may exercise on the patientís health, and of the confusion they may cause in the treatment. Besides the internal and external use of medicines the patient is allowed, for example, to take (fro breakfast) mulled beer, vanilla chocolate, also (even several times a day) strong coffee or black and green tea, not unfrequently ñ to strengthen the stomach (?) ñ claret-cup, liqueurs containing strong spices, seasonings of all sorts in the food, and especially in sauces (made of soy, cayenne pepper, mustard, &c.) ñ these things are supposed merely to increase the appetite and promote digestion, but to possess no hurtful medicinal quality! ñ moreover, quantities of uncooked herbs cut small and sprinkled over the soup ñ which are regarded as supremely wholesome, but are really medicinal ñ also various sorts of wine ñ one of the main reliances of ordinary practice ñ must not be forgotten. Besides all these there are tooth-powders, tooth-tinctures, and tooth-washes - also composed of medicinal ingredients, and yet considered innocuous because for-sooth they are not swallowed just as though medicines only taken into the mouth or their exhalations drawn into the nose did not as surely act on the whole organism through its living sensitive fibres as when they are swallowed! And then the various kinds of perfumes and washes (musk, ambergris peppermint drops, oil of bergamot and cedar, neroli, eau-de-Cologne, eau-de-luce, lavender water, &c.), besides perfumed sachets, smelling bottles, scented soaps, powders and pomades, pot-pouri, and any other noxious articles de luxe the patient may desire. In such an ocean of medicinal influences the otherwise adequate homoeopathic dose of medicine would be drowned and extinguished. But is such a medley of medicinal luxury necessary and useful for the life and well-being or compatible with the recovery of the patient? It is injurious and yet, perhaps, it has been invented by physicians themselves for the upper classes in order to please, to stimulate and to keep them ill.but even though physicians may not directly recommend it, it is sufficiently sad that they not know the medicinal noxiousness of all this luxury, and that they do not prohibit it to their chronic patients, This hotch-potch of noxious influences, due partly to the luxurious habits of the patient himself, partly to the simultaneous use of domestic remedies ordered or permitted by the doctor, is so much the rule, so universally pervalent, that the ordinary practitioner cannot think of treatment without such a simultaneous medical confusion, and hence, under these circumstances, he is unable to promise any decided effect from the internal administration of a single medicinal substance in a disease, even when it is given in a large dose, far less from a very small dose of medihomeopathically employed! CONRADI was acquainted with no other treatment than such as is constructed amid such a confused medley of medicinal influences, as is evident when he says (Grunariss der Pathologie and therapie, Marburg, 1801, p. 335), that the action ascribed by me to such small doses is beyond all belief. Here, not to dwell upon the trifling circumstance that the determination of the action of medicinal doses is hardly a matter of belief, but rather of experience, he seems no more than other ordinary practitioners to have either the slightest conception or the slightest experience of the action of a small dose of appropriate medicine in a patient completely excluded from the simultaneous irritation of all other kinds of medicinal substances, otherwise he would have spoken in a different manner. A pure treatment with a single homoeopathic medicine, all counter-acting medicinal contaminations being removed (for it is only of such I speak and only such I teach), never is seen or dreamt os in routine practice. But the difference is enormous and incredible.
So the glutten just risen from his luxurious meal of highly-spiced food is incapable of perceiving the taste of a grain of sugar placed upon his over-stimulated tongue whereas a person contented with simple fare will, when fasting in the morning, experience an intense sweet taste from a much smaller quantity of the same sugar. Similarly amid the multifarious noises in the most crowded part of a large town we can often not comprehend the loudly spoken words of a friend at the distance of five or six paces, whereas in the dead of night, when all the sounds of day are hushed and perfect stillness prevails, the undisturbed ear distinctly perceives the softest tone of a distant flute, because this gentle sound is now the only one present, and therefore it exercises its full action on the undisturbed organ of hearing.
So certain is it, that when all accessory medicinal influences are withheld from the patient (as should be done in all rational treatment), even the very minute doses of a simple medicinal substance, especially of one chosen according to similarity of symptoms , can and must exercise its adequate and complete action, as a thousand-fold experience will teach any one whom prejudice does not deter from repeating the experiment accurately.
Quite small doses of medicine are all the less likely to fail to exercise their peculiar action, in as much as their very smallness cannot excite the organism to revolutionary evacuations (what is morbid in the organism is altered by the small dose), whereas a large dose, by the antagonism it excites in the system, will often be rapidly expelled and bodily ejected and washed away by vomiting, purging, diuresis, perspiration, &c.
Will the ordinary physicians at last understand that the small and smallest doses of homoeopathically selected medicines can only effect great results in a pure genuine treatment, but are quite unsuitable in routine treatment?) together with appropriate treatment in other respects, by nourishing diet, open air, cheerful surroundings, &c, are as efficacious to effect recovery as larger and repeated doses are to cause secondary and injurious effects, as is the case with every nimium, every excess even of the best thing in the world.
This suitableness of cinchona-bark in diseases of debility from loss of humours led physicians of the ordinary sort, as it were instinctively, to a mode of treatment of many diseases which has been, and still continues to be, the most prevalent of all modes of treatment ñ the weakening treatment by means of squandering the humours (under pretence of loosening the morbid matter and expelling it from the body) by means of frequently repeated so-called solvents (that is, drugs of various kinds that purge the bowels), by means of exciting an increased flow of urine and copious perspirations (by many tepid and warm drinks and quantities of tepid and warm-bath), by means of blood-letting by venesection and leeches, by means of salivation, by means of drawing off imaginary impure humours by open blisters, issues, setons, &c. If such a treatment, especially that by mild purgatives the use of which is so general, be long enough continued, then, by means of irritation of the intestinal canal, not only is the greater disease of the abdomen that keeps in suspense the acute disease, so long kept up until the natural termination of the acute disease is reached, but also a disease of debility from loss of humours is induced, for which, then, after months of treatment, when the strength and humours are much exhausted, cinchona-bark will assuredly restore the health in the only remaining malady (the artificially produced disease of debility from loss of humours). But none perceived by what a circuitous round-about way such a cure was affected. Thus, inter alia, the spring tertian fevers, and most other diseases of an acute character, having of themselves a duration of only a few weeks, are spun out into (rational?) treatments of many monthsí duration and the ignorent patient is happy in having escaped with his life, whereas a real cure of the original disease ought only to have occupied in a few days.
Hence the everlastingly repeated warnings in so-called practical works, not to administer cinchona-bark in agues, until all the (imaginary)impurities and morbid matters have been energetically and repeatedly evacuated upwards and downwards, or, according to the euphemistic expressions of the moderns (though the same thing is meant), until the solvent treatment (i.e. laxatives and purgatives to produce many liquid stools) has been employed to a sufficient extent and long enough in reality, until the artificially produced abdominal disease has lasted longer than the normal duration of the ague, and so the disease of debility from loss of humours which alone remains can be transformed into health by cinchona-bark, as of course it will be.
This is what was and is still called methodical and rational treatment, in many, many cases of disease.
With equal justice might we rob widows and orphans in order to establish as asylum for the poor.
As cinchona-bark in its primary action is a powerful laxative (see the symptoms, 497 et seq.) it will be found to be very efficacious as a remedy in some cases of diarrhoea when the other symptoms of china are not inappropriate to the rest of the morbid symptoms.
So also in those cases where we have to do with so-called moist gangrene in the external parts, we shall generally notice in the remainder of the patientís ailments, morbid symptoms similar to the symptoms peculiar to cinchona-bark hence it is so useful in such cases.
The too easy and too frequent morbid excitation to seminal discharges of the genitals, caused sometimes by slight irritation in the hypogastrium, is very permanently removed by the smallest dose of bark (in conformity with its peculiar symptoms of this character).
Those attacks of pain which can be excited by merely touching (or slightly moving) the part and which then gradually increase to the most frightful degree are to judge by the patientís expressions, very similar to those caused by china. I have sometimes permanently removed them by a single dose of the diluted tincture, even when the attacks had been frequently repeated. The malady was homoeopathically (see note to 685), as it were, charmed away, and health substituted for it. No other known remedy in the world could have done this, as none other is capable of causing a similar symptom in its primary action.
Bark will hardly ever be found curative when there are not present disturbances of the nightís rest similar to those the medicine causes in the healthy (which will be found recorded below).
There are some, though but few, suppurations of the lungs (especially accompanied by stitches in the chest, almost always only aggravated or excited by external pressure), that may be cured by bark. But in these cases the other symptoms and ailments of the patient must be found similarity among the symptoms of china. In such cases only a few, sometimes but a couple of doses of above minuteness, at long intervals, suffice for the cure.
So also there are a few icteric diseases, of such a character that they resemble the symptoms of china when this is the case the disease is removed as if by magic by one, or at most two, small doses, and perfect health takes its place.
An intermittent fever must be very similar to that which china can cause in the healthy, if that medicine is to be the suitable, true remedy for it, and then a single dose of the above indicated minuteness relieves ñ but this it does best when given immediately after the termination of the paroxysm, before the operations of nature are accumulated in the body for the next fit. The usual method of suppressing an ague not curable by cinchona bark, by means of large doses of this powerful substance, is to give it shortly before the paroxysml it is then most certain to produce this act of violence, but its consequence are very injurious.
Cinchona-bark can only permanently cure a patient affected with intermittent fever in marshy districts of his disease resembling the symptoms of china, when the patient is able to be removed from the atmosphere that causes the fever during his treatment, and until his forces are completely restored. For if he remain in such an atmosphere he is constantly liable to the reproduction of his disease from the same source and the remedy, even though frequently repeated, is unable to do any further good just as the morbid state induced by over-indulgence is coffee is rapidly relieved by its appropriate remedy, but while the hurtful beverage is continued to be taken, it will recur from time to time.
But how could physicians act so stupidly as to think of substituting other things for cinchona-bark, which in its dynamic action on the human health, and in its power to derange that health in a peculiar manner, differs so immensely from every other medicinal substance in the world? (See the peculiar symptoms it causes, recorded below.) How could they dream of finding a surrogate for china, that is to say, a medicinal substance of identical and precisely the same medicinal power among other extremely different substances? Is not every kind of animal, every species of plant, and every mineral something peculiar, as entity never to be confounded, not even in external appearance, with any other? Could any one be so short-sighted as from their external appearance to mistake a cinchona tree for a willow tree, an ash or a horse- chesnut? And if we find these plants differ so much in their external characters, though nature cannot offer so much difference to a single sense ñ that of vision ñ as she can, and actually does, to all the senses of the practised observer in the dynamic action of these various plants on the health of the living healthy human organism, shall no attention be paid to these latter, the multiform peculiar symptoms which each single one of these plants elicits in a manner so different from those of the second and third, and whereon alone depends the specific medicinal power of each medicinal plant with which only we are concerned in curing disease? Shall we fail to perceive their high significance, shall we fail to recognise them as the highest criterion of the difference of drugs among one another? Or shall we consider all things that have a bitter and astringent taste as identical in medicinal effects, as a kind of cinchonabark.(As W. CULLEN amongst others does (See Abh. uber die Matria Medica, ii, p. 110, Leipz., 1790.) and thus constitute the coarse sense of taste in man (which power) the supreme and sole judge for determining the medicinal significance of the various plants? I should think it were possible to act in a more short-sighted and foolish manner in matters of such extreme importance for the welfare of humanity!
I grant that all the medicinal substances that have been proposed as substitutes for cinchona-bark, from the lofty ash down to camomile and lichen on the wall, as also from arsenic down to Jameís powder and sal-ammoniac, I grant, I say, that every one of those medicinal substances I have named, and others I have not named, has of itself cured particular cases of ague (their reputation proves they have done this now and then). But from the very circumstance that observers state of one or other that it was efficacious even when cinchona bark did no good or was hurtful, they prove clearly that the ague which the one medicine cured was of a different kind from that other cured! For had it been an ague suited for china, this medicine must have removed it, and none other could have been of use. Or else there must be foolishly attributed to the china in this case a peculiar malignity and spitefulness, making it refuse to be helpful, or to the other vaunted medicine, which was efficacious, a peculiar amiability and obligingness, causing it to do as the doctor wished! It would almost appear as if some such foolish notion was entertained!
No! the truth of the matter, which has not been perceived, is as follows: It is not the bitterness, the astringent taste, and the so-called aroma of the cinchona bark, but in its whole intimate nature, that resides the invisible dynamical working spirit, that can never be exhibited in a material separated condition (just as little as can that of other medicinal substances), whereby it differentiates itself from all other medicines in the derangements of the human health it causes. See the observations recorded below.
Everyone one of the medicinal substances recommended in agues has its own peculiar action on the human health, differing from the medicinal power of every other drug, in conformity with eternal immutable laws of nature. Every particular medicinal substance, by the will of the Creator, differs from every other one in its externals (appearance, taste, and smell), and even much more so in its internal dynamic properties, in order that we may be enabled by means of these differences to fulfil all possible curative intentions in the innumerable and various cases of disease. Is it to be supposed that the all-good and omnipotent Creator of thew infinite varieties of nature could, would, or should have done less?
Now, if everyone of the vaunted ague remedies, whilst leaving other agues uncured, has really cured some cases ñ which I will not deny as far as regards those cases where the observers have given the remedy by itself ñ and if every single one of these remedies has affected its cure, not as a matter of especial favour towards the doctor who prescribed it, but, as it is more rational to suppose, owing to a peculiar power bestowed on it in conformity with eternal laws of nature, then it must necessarily be that the case in which this remedy, and not another, did good, was a peculiar form of ague, adapted for this medicine only, and different from that other ague which could only be cured by some other remedy. And so all agues, each of which requires a different medicine for its cure, must be agues absolutely dissimilar to one another.
Again, when two agues betray their difference, not only by symptoms palpably different from one another, but also , as I have said, by this, that the one can only be cured by one remedy and the other by another remedy, it plainly follows from this, that these two remedies must differ from one another in their nature and action, (Otherwise theone medicine must have been able to cure just as well that ague which yielded to the other medicine, if the action of both was the same.) and cannot be identical, consequently cannot be considered as the same thing, and therefore cannot reasonably be substituted for one another in other words, the one ought not to be represented as a surrogate for the other.
Or have those gentlemen, who do not see this, some mode of thinking peculiar to themselves and unknown to me, some logic of their own that stands in direct contradiction to that of the rest of mankind?
Infinite nature in much more multiform in her dynamic endowment of medicinal substances than the compilers of medicinal virtues, called teachers of Materia Medica, have any idea of, and immeasurably more multiformin the production of innumerable deviations in human health (diseases) than the bungling pathologist enamoured of his natty classification is aware of, who, by his couple of dozen, not even correctly (What physician, except HIPPOCRATES, have ever described the pure course of any disease where no medicine has been given from the beginning to the end? Consequently, do not the recorded histories of diseases contain the symptoms of the diseases mixed up with those of the domestic remedies and drugs given during their course? ) designated, forms of disease, seems only to give expression to the wish that dear nature might be so good as to limit the host of diseases to a small number, so that his brother therapeutist and practitioner ñ his head stuffed full of traditional prescriptions ñ may the more easily deal with the little collection.
That the ordinary physicians, by mingling iron in the same prescription with bark, often dish up for the patient a repulsive-looking and unsavoury ink, may be overlooked, but they must be told that a compound results from this mixture that possesses neither the virtues of cinchona bark nor those of iron.
The truth of this assertion is manifest from the fact when cinchona bark has done harm iron is often its antidote and the remedy for its injurious action, as cinchona bark is for iron, when indicated by the symptoms caused by the unsuitable medicine.
Still iron can only remove some of the untoward symptoms, those, namely, which it can produce in similarity in healthy persons.
After long-continued treatments with large doses of china many symptoms often remain for which other medicines are required for we frequently meet with china-cachexia of such a severe character that is only with great difficulty that the patient can be freed from them and rescued from dearth. In those cases, Ipecacuanha in small doses, more frequently Arnica, and in some few Belladona, is of use, the indication for the antidote being determined by the symptoms of the china-disease. Veratrum is useful when coldness of the body and cold sweats have been caused by bark, if the other symptoms of this drug correspond homoeopathically.

sma111

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 23, 2022 11:12 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

часть 2
[HAHNEMAN was assisted in this proving by ANTON, BAEHR, BECHER, CLAUSS, FRANZ, GROSS, HARNISCH, HARTMANN, HARTUNG, HERRMANN, HORNBURG, CH. LEHMANN, J. G. LEHMANN, MICHLER, MEYER, STAPF, TEUTHORN, WAGNER, WALTHER, WISLICENUS.
The following old-school authoritues are quoted:
ALPINI, Hist, Febr. epid.
BALGIVI, Praxis, Lib. ii.
BAKER, in Medical Transactions, vol. iii. Lond., 1785.
BAUER, J. Fr., in Acta Nat. Cur., iii.
BERGER, JOH. GOTTFR., Diss. de Chinchina ab uniquis judiciis vindicata. Viteb., 1711.
BRESLAUER Samml., 1728.
CARTHEUSER, J. F., Diss. de Febre intermitt. Epid. Francoff ad V., 1749.
CLEGORN, Diseases of Minorca.
CRUGER, DAN., in Misc. Nat. Cur., Dec. iii, ann. 3.
ETTMULLER, B, M., Diss. de usu et abusu praecepit.
FISCHER,C. E., in Hufel. Journal f. pr. A., iv.
FORMEY, Med. Ephem., i, 2.
FOTHERGILL, Essays, tom. ii.
FRIBORG, Diss. de usu cort. Peruv., 1773.
GESNER, J. A. PH., Sammlung, v. Beob.,i. Nordlingen, 1789.
GREDING, in Ludw. Advers., tom. i.
HILDENBRAND, J,V. VON, in Hufel. Journ., xiii.
JUNCKER et FRITZE, Diss. de usu cort. Peruv. Discreto. Halae, 1756.
KOKER, JOH, DE (work not given).
KREYSIG, Diss. Obs. de Febr. Quart. Viteb., 1797.
LIMPRECHT, J.A., in Acta Nat. Cur., ii.
MAY , W., in Lond. Med. Journ., 1788.
MORTON, Opera, ii.
MURRAY, Apparat. Medicam, 2nd edit., i.
PELARGUS, Obs., ii.
PELARGUS, Obs., ii.
PERCIVAL, Essays. vol. i.
QUARIN, Method. Med. Febr.
RAULIN, J., Observat. De Med. Paris, 1754.
RICHARD, Recueil dí Observ. De Med., ii.
ROMBERG, j. W., Misc. Nat. Cur., Dec. iii, Ann. 9, 10.
ROSCHIN, in Annalen der Heilkunde, 1811, Feb.
SCHLEGEL, in Hufel. Journ., vii.
STAHL, J. E., Diss. Problem. De Febrobus, - Obs. Clin.
SYDENHAM, Opusc. Lips., 1695.
THOMPSON, AL., in Med. Inqu. And Observ., iv, No. 24.
THOMSON, THOM., Med. Rathpfleg. Leipzig, 1779.
In the Frag. De Vir. China has 221 symptoms, in the 1st Edit. 1082, and in this 2nd Edit. 1143.]
CHINA.
Vertigo. [J. F. CARTHEUSER, (Results of suppression of intemittents by china) Diss. de Febre intermitt, epid. Francof. Ad. V., 1749.]
First vertigo and giddy nausea, then general feeling of heat. (Comp. with 1, 3, 4, 5.)
Vertigo in the occiput, when sitting. [Fz.]
Vertigo the head tends to sink backwards, worse when moving and walking, diminished by lying down (aft. a few m.). [Hrr.]
5. Constant vertigo, the head tends to sink backwards, in every position, but worse when walking and moving the head (aft. 6 h.). [Hrr.]
Stupidity. [CARTHEUSER, l. c.]
He is long in collecting his thoughts, is much disinclined for movement, and more disposed to sit and to lie.
Confusion of the head. [C. E. Fischer, (Effects of china in agues.) in Hufel Journal, iv, pp. 652, 653. 657.]
Confusion of the head, like vertigo from dancing and as in catarrh. (Comp. with 11 and 49.)
10. Confusion and emptiness in the head and laziness of the body as from watching at night and sleeplessness. (10, 15, 21, comp. with 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 and 23.) (aft. 1 h.).
Confusion of the head, like a catarrh. ß (aft. 9 d.). [Ws.]
Confusion of the head in the forehead. [Hbg.]
Confusion of the head, as after a debauch, with aching in the temples. [Hbg.]
A cloudiness spread all over the head, for half an hour. (aft. æ h.). [Htg.]
15. Stupefaction of the head, with aching in the forehead (aft. º h.).
A dull feeling in the lower part of the head behind, as from awaking from sleep. [Bch.]
Heaviness of the head (at noon vertigo rises up into the head, without pain). (17, 20, comp. with 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, `4, 16 and 23.)
Heaviness of the head (18, 19, 22, see 17, 20) [J. E. STAHL. (As) in various works, particularly in his Diss. Problem. De febribus.]
Heaviness in the head, which tends to sink backwards, when sitting. [Hrr.]
20. Headache, like heaviness and heat in it, worst when turning the eyes, at the same time with twitching pains in the temples.
In the morning, on awaking from sleep, dull, stupefying headache.
In the morning, on awaking from sleep, heaviness of the head and weariness in all the limbs. [Lhm.]
In the morning, quite dazed in the head, as after a debauch, with dryness in the mouth. [Fz.]
Headache in the frontal region. [Fz.- Css.]
25. Aching shooting pain in the forehead and temple of one side (aft. 4 h.).
Headache in the temples. [Hbg.]
Headache, exhaustion, then some coldness. [Fz.]
Aching pain in the occiput. (28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36, see 35 and 39.) (aft. 3 h.). [Myr.]
Pressure on the left temple. [Hrr.]
30. Compression in the temples (aft. 5 h.). [Fz.]
In the evening, aching pain in the temple. [Fz.]
Headache from afternoon till evening, an aching in the middle of the forehead.
Aching pain in the right side of the forehead. [Gss.]
Aching pain in the forehead on bending backwards it came with increased intensity in both temples when sitting it remained confined to the forehead. [Bch.]
35. Aching pain when walking, first over the forehead, then in the temples. (Comp. with 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 26, 39.) (aft. 6 h.).
Headache, first an aching in the forehead, which then spreads all over the head. [Bch.]
Headache as if the brain was compressed from both sides and pressed out at the forehead, very much increased by walking in the open air.
Violent aching pains deep in the brain, and like constriction, especially in the right side of the forehead and in the occiput, very much increased by walking. (See 37, 40 ñ 46, 48, 50, 51, 53- 63, 65-67, 69, 70.) [An.]
Aching pain, especially in the occiput. [An.]
40. Aching, pressing headache, which is aggravated by open air (aft. 9 h.). [Htn.]
Hard pressure in the occiput, as if the cerebellum were pressed out (aft. 5.1/2 h.). [Myr.]
Painful aching and pressing in the head, towards the forehead, as if all were too heavy and would be pressed out, relieved by pressing strongly on it with the hand (aft. 8 h.). [Htn.]
Aching pressing headache in the side towards which he leans. [Htn.]
A kind of aching, as if oppressed ithe head, with frontal sweat (aft. Ω h.). [Wr.]
45. An aching, like fulness, in the head just over the eyes(aft. 2 h.). [Wr.]
The brain feels as if pressed by excess of blood. (37, 46, comp. with 38 and 40-45, 48 and 70.)
Headache over the orbits, which comes on in the forenoon hours, is increased by walking, but is removed by the mid-day meal (aft. 18 h.).
Headache as if the brain were kneaded together, with too great excitement of the mind, restlessness, inordinate and too rapid attentiveness and over-strainedness of the imagination. [Fz.]
Headache in the temples like stuffed coryza. (Comp. with 9 and 11.).
50. Pressive tearing in the temporal region as if it would press out the bone. (Tearing (drawing) pressure, and pressive tearing (drawing), seems to be a chief character of pain with china, see also, 686, 687, 739, 746, 779, 780.) [Hrr.]
Tearing pain in the left temple. [Lr.]
Headache now in one part then in another part of the brain.
Tearing on several spots in the head, aggravated by walking and by moving the head. [Hrr.]
Tearing headache from the right occiputal bone to the right frontal protuberance. [Hrr.]
55.Drawing headache from the occiput to the forehead, as if the whole forehead were contracted, which ended in the temples like a beating it was alleviated by walking, increased by sitting and standing, and ceased by pressing on it with the hand. [Trn.]
Drawing headache in the occiput, when sitting. [Fz.]
Drawing pain in the head behind the ears to the mastoid process. [Htg.]
Drawing pain in the left side of the occiput that goes off on bending back the head. [Fz.]
Drawing pain in the forehead. [Hbg.]
60. When he places his hand on his forehead there occurs there a to-and-fro drawing pain. [Fz.]
Violent twitching tearing on several spots in the head, which is increased by movement and by walking, diminished when lying (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
Twitching tearing on the frontal protuberances. [Gss.]
Twitching tearing in the right temporal region, for three days. [Hrr.]
Twitching headache in the temple to the upper jaw. (Comp. with 65, 66, also partlywith 61, 62, 63.)
65. Twitching from both parietal bones of the head along the neck. (63, 65, see 64.). [Hbg.]
Headache, like a twitching towards the forehead, increasing in severity till evening, when it went off. [Ln.]
Digging headache in the left side of the forehead, when he sits doing nothing, or occupies himself with something for which he has no inclination. [Gss.]
Headache, first spasmodic in the vertex, then on the side of the head as if bruised, increased by the slightest movement.
Headache, a digging in the left side of the head, when sitting (aft. 9.1/4 h.). [Htn.]
70. Headache so painful, as if the skull would burst asunder the brain beats in an undulating manner against the skull. [Trn.]
Violent hammering in the head towards the temples. [Ln.]
Headache in the left parietal bone, like beating. [Hbg.]
An uninterrupted, dull, cutting pain from both temples and occiput up into the orbits, more acute and severe when moving and when stooping. [Lhm.]
Shooting headache, especially in the left frontal region (aft. 1.1/2 h.). [Htg.]
75. Shooting betwixt forehead and temple on the left side on touching the temple he felt a strong throbbing of the artery, and the shooting went off by this touching. (Comp. especially with 80, also with 74, 76, 77, 78.)
Betwixt forehead and vertex burning, severe stitches. [Htg.]
Continued shooting sensation in the right temple. [Wth.]
Shooting headache in the forehead (when sitting). [Lr.]
Fine shooting in the temple. [Fz.]
80. Shooting headache between the right temple and forehead, with strong pulsation of the temporal artery. (See 76.) (aft. Ω h.). [An.]
Single stitches, which darted from the internal ear upwards through the brain. [Trn.]
Shooting tearing on several parts in the head, increased by moving the head. [Hrr.]
Headache when walking in the wind, compounded of bruised and sore pain.
Headache, as if the brain were sore, which is increased by the slightest touching of the head or any part of it, but especially by strained attention and profound reflection, indeed, even by speaking.
85. The integuments of the whole head are so sensitive to touch that all thereon is painful, and the roots of the hair in especial seem to suffer (aft. 36 h.). [Gss.]
Painful drawing on the right side of the occiput. [Fz.]
Drawing pain in the occiput joint when touched, so that he must bend the head backwards. [Fz.]
Painful drawing in the occiputal bone. [Fz.]
Contractive pain on the left side of the occiput in the skin. [Gss.]
90. Contractive, external pain on the left side of the occiput it feels as if the skin were drawn together on one point not increased by touching. [Hrr.]
Pain as if the skin on the upper part of the head was grasped by a whole hand. [Gss.]
A pain drawing together in a circle on the middle of the head superiorly (aft. Ω h.). [Hrr.]
Sweat among the hair of the head.
Profuse sweat among the hair of the head.
Profuse sweat among the hair of the head when walking in the open air.
95. Sharp stitches on the left side of the hairy scalp. [Fz.]
Shooting itching in the hairy scalp (aft. 1 h.). [Fz.]
(A crawling in the skin of the forehead.)
Shooting aching externally on the left frontal protuberance, accompanied by vertigo and some nausea in the throat. [Hrr.]
Shooting aching on the right from protuberance, more violent when touched (aft. 10 m.). [Hrr.]
100. Frequent alteration of the colour of the face.
Paleness of the face. (101 to 104, comp. with 105.)
Bad, earthy complexion.
Pinched, pale face.
Hippoctratic face (pointed nose, hollow eyes with blue rings), indifference, insensibility he wants to know nothing about those around him, nothing about things that he most liked (aft. 1 h.).
105. Pinched sharpened features, pale, unhealthy-looking complexion, as after debauches. (See 101 to 104.) (Stf.)
Redness of the cheeks and of the ear-lobes.
Puffy, red face. [FISCHER, l. c.]
Heat of the face. [J. RAULIN. (Not accessible.) Observed. De Med, Paris, 1754, pp. 243, 248.]
On coming from the open air into the not warm room, there occurred burning heat in the face, [Stf.]
110. Alternate heat and redness in the face. [STAHL, l. c.]
Momentary contraction of the skin of the forehead, as if the skin in the middle of the forehead were drawn together on one point (aft. Ω h.). [Ws.]
Burning pain on the forehead and hot frontal perspiration. [Lhm.]
Aching over the face, especially near the nose and cheeks, together with a contraction of the eyelids, as if the upper and lower lids were drawn towards one another (aft. 3 h.). [Ws.]
Shooting pressure on the forehead, above the nose and on the cheeks (aft. 32 h.). [Fz.]
115. A pecking pain in the zygomatic process and in a right molar tooth. [Htg.]
Fine stitches in the right malar bone, which go off by pressure. [Htn.]
A boil on the cheek.
Soft pressure going upwards over the root of the nose and on the eye-brow, which goes off on touching, with tension of the skin of the left al nasi. [Fz.]
Aching in both eye-brows, more externally, aggravated by moving the frontal muscles (aft. 3 h.). [Myr.]
120. Pain above the left orbit.
Tearing on the outer canthus of the left eye. [Lr.]
Fine itching pain above the orbits. [Hbg.]
Itching on the left eye-lid. [Fz.]
A tickling sensation on the eye-lids (aft. 5 h.). [Htg.]
125. Violent pain in the eye-lids.
Dry feeling betwixt the eye-lids and eye-ball, causing rubbing pain on moving the eyelids, without alteration in the appearance of the eye. [Htg.]
Eye gum in the outer canthus (after sleep.).
Aching pain in the outer canthi. [Fz.]
Smarting first in one, then in other eye, accompanied by watering of them.
130. Aching smarting pain in the eyes as from salt, she must always rub them. (From the exhalation, compare with 137.) (aft. Ω h.).
Painless pressure in the eyes, such as is apt to occur from fatigue and want of sleep (aft. Ω h.).
Painless pressure in the eyes, such as is apt to occur from fatigue and want of sleep (Aft. 10.1/2, 12 h.). [Htn.]
On awaking, at night, the righteye felt as if it were swimming in water (aft. 19 h.). [Stf.]
In the eyes a sensation, as in general weakness, as if they were much sunk, which they are not (aft. º h.). [Fz.]
A quivering, winking, trembling in both eyes (aft. 2.1/4 h.). [Lhn.]
135. Twitching to and fro to the left lower eye-lid (aft. 6 h.). [Ws.]
Lachrymation of the eyes, with creeping pains in them on the inner surface of the eye-lids. [Bch.]
The eyes are somewhat red, with aching burning pain in them, and much heat (in the afternoon) (aft. 6 h.). [Stf.]
Contracted pupils.
Contracted pupils (immediately and aft. 3.1/2 h.). [Bch.]
140. Contracted pupils (aft. 1 h.). [Stf.]
Pupils mobile, but more disposed to contraction than dilation (aft. 20 h.).
Dilated pupils (aft. 1.1/2h.). [Htn.]
Very dilated pupils 9aft. º h.). [Htn.]
145. Extreme dilatation and almost immobility of pupils, with weakness of vision, so that he cannot see distant things distinctly (myopa), with high complexion and liveliness (aft. g h.). [Fz.]
Black points fly before the sight. (Comp. with 147-149.) (aft. 4 h.).
Darkness before the eyes. (147 ñ 149, see 146) [Lhm.]
Dimness of vision. [CARTHEUSER, l. c.]
Amauriosis. [Breslauer Samml., (Results of suppression of intemittents by china.) 1728. p. 1066.]
150. A ticking noise in the ear, as from a distant watch.
First a beating sensation in the ear, then a loud ringing. (151. 152, comp. with 153-155.)
Ringing in the ears.
Frequent ringing in the right ear, an at the same time a tickling crawling in it, as if an insect had crept in. (153 ñ 155, comp. with 151, 152.) [Bch.]
Ringing in the ears with headache in the temples. [Fz.]
155. Ringing in the ears with headache in the temples. [Lr.]
Roaring in the ears. (Comp. with 157.)
Roaring in the ears. (Comp. with 156.) [Css.]
Something seems to come before the hearing internally (as from deafness) (Comp. with 159.) (aft. 1 h.).
Hardness of hearing. (See 158.) [MORTON, (Observed effects of overdosing.) Opera, ii, pp. 76. 81.]
160. Tearing in the lobes of the ears. (Comp. with 165.)
Heat if the external ear.
A tickling in the ear. [Hbg.]
Vesicles behind the ears.
Eruption in the concha.
165. Tearing on the cartilage of the ear and in the external meatus auditorious. (See 160.) [Hrr.]
(Aching pain in the internal ear, like ear-ache) (aft. 3 h.).
Pain in the left ear only when touched (aft. 6 d.). [Ws.]
Aching pain in the root of the nose (after the heat of the cheek has gone) that spreads on to the side of the nose (aft. 5 h.).
Tearing pain on the back of the nose.
170. Smarting deep in the left nostril, every inspiration causing a sudden stitch-like pain on compressing the nose the smarting becomes worse, and then it also itches externally on the back of the nose, in the evening (aft. Ω h.). [Fz.]
Fine needle-pricks on the cartilage of the septum narium. [Hrr.]
Redness and heat only on the nose (aft. 12 h.).
(He fancies he smells a corpse-like odour.)
Epistaxis, in the morning between 6 and 7 oíclock, after rising from bed, for several successive days. [Htg.]
175. Frequent profuse epistaxis. [RAULIN, l. c.]
Epistaxis after blowing the nose strongly. [Ws.]
On the upper lip, on the right side near the commissure of the mouth, sore feeling as after much wiping in coryza. (177, 178, see 179.) [Fz.]
On the lower lip, near left commissure of the mouth, pain as if an eroding ulcer were there. [Fz.]
The inner surface of the lower lip pains as if sore and excoriated. (Comp. wit 177, 178.)
180. Eruption on the lips and tongue small ulcers which itch and burn much. [SCHLEGEL, (Effects of china on agues. This eruption is said to be critical.) Hufel, Journ. vii, iv. P. 161.]
(Puckered, wrinkled epidermis of the lips) (aft.5 h.)
The lower lip cracks in the middle (on sneezing).
(Chapped lips.)
Dry lips, without thirst (aft. 7 h.). [Fz.]
185. Blackish lips. [DAN, CRUGER, (Results of suppression of intemittents by china) in Misc. Nat. Cur., Dec. iii, Ann. 3.]
Speechlessness. [RICHARD, (Results of suppression of intermittents by china) Recueil díObserv. De Med., ii, p. 517.]
Slight rigor, followed by speechlessness. [A. THOMPSON, (Results of suppression of intemittents by china. This symptom, with S. 448, 574, 602, 676, 698, occurred in a hysterical subject instead of a paroxysms of ague.) in Med. Inq. And Observ. iv, No. 24.]
At night (before 12 oíclock) tearing pressure in the right upper and lower jaw. (Comp. with 199, 203, 204, partly also with 191, 198, 200, 202, 206.)
On the upper jaw a cutting, burning pain (when standing) (aft. 7 h.). [Fz.]
190. Twitching, obtuse stitches in the right lower jaw. (See 195, 207.) [Wth.]
Tearing on the left lower jaw. [Hrr.]
Swelling of the gums and lips. [FORMEY, (Not accessible) Med. Ephem., I, 2.]
Drawing toothache readily occurs in the open air and when exposed to a draught of air.
Toothache stuffed coryza and watering eyes.
195. Toothache, a shooting outwards in the front teeth. (Comp. with 190 and 207.)
Toothache with looseness of the teeth (aft. 3 h.).
Loose teeth only painful when chewing.
On biting the teeth together aching pain in the crowns of the right molars. [Fz.]
Toothache, like an aching drawing in the left lower jaw. (See 188, 203, 204.) [Fz.]
200. Twitching tearing in the upper back molars of the left side (aft. 5 h.). [Htn.]
Digging in the upper molars, diminished momentarily by biting the teeth together and pressing on them (aft. 40 h.). [Htn.]
(During the accustomed tobacco-smoking) tearing toothache extending upwards and backwards in the upper jaw followed by a sort of fainting fit. [Fz.]
Aching, drawing pain in the left upper row of molars, with sensation as if the gums or the inside of the cheek were swollen (aft. 1 h.). [Fz.]
In the morning, drawing, aching toothache in one upper molar, with sensation of numbness in it (aft. 24 h.). [Fz.]
205. The lower incisors are painful, as if they had been knocked.
In the morning, drawing pain in the incisor teeth. (For 204 and 206 Rhus toxicodendron seems to be an antidote.).[Fz.]
Small, fine stitches, with tearing in the right upper molars, neither diminished nor increased by touching or drawing in cold air. (See 190, 495)(aft. 2.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
Throbbing toothache. (Comp. with 209.)
Pecking pain in one of the upper molars. (See 208.) [Htg.]
210. Sore-throat. (In original ìangina faucium.)
In the pit of the throat, sensation as if it would be painful on swallowing, like a sore-throat (and yet it does not hurt when he swallows).
Painful deglutition, swollen submaxillary glands, which are painful, especially when he swallows.
A shooting on the right side in the throat only when he swallows.
Throat internally as if swollen shooting pain on the left side of the tongue only when swallowing there is only aching pain at this spot when speaking and breathing.
215. In the evening, after lying down, shooting in the throat, not when swallowing, but when breathing.
Contractive sensation in the throat. (217, 219, see 224, 225.)
(A choking and contraction in the gullet without impediment to breathing.)
Deglutition difficult, as if caused by narrowing of the throat. [An.]
220. On bending back the head, tension in the gullet, which, however, does not prevent deglutition. [Fz.]
Scratching on the palate, also when not swallowing (aft. 8 d.). [Ws.]
Tobacco-smoke seems to him unusually acrid and stinging at the back of the palate (aft. 24 h.). [Fz.]
Tiresome rough feeling in the throat. [Stf.]
Painless swelling of the velum palati and uvula (224, 225, comp. 217, 219.) (aft. 3 h.).
225. Painful swelling on the side of the tongue posteriorly.
It smarts on the middle of the tongue as if the part was excoriated or burnt.
A vesicle under the tongue, which is painful when the tongue is moved.
Fine stitches in the tip of the tongue. (Comp. 231.)
Sensation on the tongue as if it were dry and covered with mucus. (Comp. 239 to 241.). (aft. 1 h.).
230. Smarting on the tip of the tongue as from pepper, then accumulation of saliva at this part. [Fz.]
Burning stitches on the tongue. (See 228.). [Hrr.]
Here and there in the parotid gland flying shopains.
Simply painful submaxillary glands (under the angle of the lower jaw), especially on touching and on moving the neck.
A choking or squeezing aching in one of the right submaxillary glands per se , but more when moving the neck or touching it.
235. Contractive sensation in the salivary glands ptyalism. [Fz.]
Much saliva in the mouth with nausea (aft. 2 h.). [Ln.]
Collection of saliva, combined with nausea.[Hbg.]
After an agreeable surprise much bright blood came rapidly into the mouth (aft. 24 h.). [Stf.]
Dryness in the mouth. (239 to 211, see 229.). [STAHL, Obs. Clin., pp. 144, 171.]
240. Dryness in the mouth with thirst. [Hbg.]
Great feeling of dryness in the throat, with cool breath (aft. 1 h.). [Ln.]
(Yellowish tongue, not covered with dirty fur).
Thickly furred tongue, especially in the afternoon, especially in the afternoon (aft. 7 h.). [Htg.]
In the morning very white furred tongue.
245. Tongue covered with a thick, dirty white crust (aft. º h.). [Gss.]
Yellow furred tongue. [FISCHER, l. c. ñ Bch.]
Yellowish furred tongue. [Bch.]
Clean tongue, with bitter taste. [SCHLEGEL, l. c.]
The mouth is slimy, and the taste watery and insipid.
250. Slimy taste in the mouth, which makes butter nauseous.
After drinking, flat, qualmish taste in the mouth.
Bitter taste of food, especially of flour-cakes (252, 258, 262, comp. with 261, partly also with 258, 263, 266.) (aft. 6 h.).
Though he has no bitter taste per se in the mouth, yet all he eats tastes bitter after swallowing the food there was no longer bitterness in the mouth.
Constant bitter taste in the mouth. (254, 255, comp. with 256 to 260.)
255. In the morning, bitter taste in the mouth.
Bitter taste (256 to 260, see 254, 255.) [FISCHER, l. c.]
Bitterness of the mouth. [QUARIN, (Physical effects of powder.) Method Med. Feb., p. 23.]
Bitter taste in the mouth tobacco tastes bitter when smoking. [Fz.]
Bitter taste in the throat, causing him to swallow his saliva constantly (immediately) [Htn.]
260. A nasty, sometimes bitter taste in the mouth, especially in the morning the food did not taste nice, but not bitter. [Hrr.]
Bitter taste in the mouth on drinking coffee. [Css.]
Beer tastes in the mouth on drinking coffee. [Css.]
Beer tastes bitter and goes to his head.
Bread when chewed tastes well, but is bitter when swallowed. [Fz.]
Bitter salt taste of roll and butter, with dryness in the palate and thirst when not eating there is no abnormal taste in the mouth, only dryness and thirst. [Bch.]
265. Salt taste in the mouth. (Comp. with 660, partly also with 264 and 271.)
All food tasted uncommonly salt, afterwards bitter. [Myr.]
Sourness in the mouth. (See 268, 272, 275.) [Fz.]
Frequently a sour taste in the mouth as if his stomach was deranged by fruit.
Black bread tastes sour. (269, 270, comp. with 316, partly also with 315.) (aft. 3 h.).
270. Coffee tastes sourish.
A sweetish then sour taste in the mouth, much saliva. [Fz.]
Sweetish taste in the mouth. [Wth.]
Tobacco when smoked tastes sweetish. [Wth.]
275. A sensation in the mouth causing collection of saliva, as if he had smelt strong vinegar. (268, 275, comp. with 267, 272.)
Nasty taste in the mouth as after cheese. [Hsch.]
Sensation as of a putrid exhalation out of the mouth.
Towards morning a nauseous, putrid smell out of the mouth, which goes off as soon as she eats something.
Mucus in the mouth in the morning after walking and after some prolonged exertion, which he thinks must smell ill to those about him he thinks he smells badly out of the throat.
280. He has no taste when he smokes. (See 282.) [An.]
He cannot bear his (accustomed) tobacco smoking, it affects his nerves. (Comp. with 281, partly also with 274, 280.)
He feels always as if he had eaten, drunk, and smoked to satiety, and yet he has a proper, good taste of all those things. (283, 290, comp. with 297.) (aft. some hours.)
Aversion from coffee, though food tastes right.
285. Aversion from beer.
Aversion from water and inclination for beer.
Great longing for wine.
Supper has little taste. (See 256.) [Hbg.]
Supper is relished, but he is immediately satiated, and hence can eat but little.
290. No desire for food, but little taste is all right.
Anorexia. [J. W. ROMBERG, (Effects of china in agues.) Mis. Nat. Cur., Dec. iii, Ann. 9, 10, Obs. 109.]
Little appetite. [Hrr.]
Indifference to food and drink it is only when he begins to eat that some appetite and relish for food comes. (aft. 6 h.).
No desire for food or drink. (Comp. partly with 299, 300.)
295. Want of appetite as from slight nausea. (See 298.) [Htg.]
The midday meal is not at all relished. (Comp. with 288, partly also with 210.)
Little appetite at noon from feeling of satiety. (See 285, 290.) [Bch.]
Extreme aversion from and loathing of not disagreeable food, even when it is not present and he only hears it mentioned, with dread of work, constant day-drowsiness, and yellowness of the eye-balls (Comp. with 295.) (aft. 8 h.).
Little thirst. (See 294.) [An.]
300. No thirst when eating. [Bch.]
Canine hunger, with insipid taste in the mouth.
She is hungry, but does not relish her food.
Hunger and yet want of appetite the food which tasted right was disagreeable to him in his mouth. [An.]
Hunger at an unusual time in the afternoon. [Htn.]
305. Longing appetite he has longings, but he knows not for what. (305, 306, 307, comp. with 308.)
He has appetite for many things, but knows not rightly for what.
Longing often for unknown things.
In the morning (8 oíclock) great hunger and appetite, he knows not for what. (See 305, 306, 307.) [Lhm.]
Great desire for sour cherries. [Bch.]
310. A kind of ravenous hunger, with nausea and inclination to vomit (aft. 2 h.).
Feeling of emptiness in the fauces and oesophagus ( aft.11 h.). [Ws.]
First a burning , then an agreeable warming sensation from the upper part of the chest to the stomach. [Htg.]
Scraping sensation in the fauces, especially on the border of the larynx, as after rancid eructation or heart-burn.
Eructation (314, 317, see 321) (immediately). [Htn.]
315. After bread and butter bitter, sourish eructation . (See 319.) [Lhm.]
After partaking of milk incomplete, sourish eructation. (See 269, 270.) (aft. 1.1/2 h.). [Fz.]
Tasteless eructation after eating. [Stf.]
A nasty slime often rises up.
After a meal bitter erucation. (Comp. with 134, 317.) (aft. 2 h.).
320. Eructation with the taste of the food he had eaten.
Empty eructation of nothing but air (Comp. with 314, 317.) (aft. 2 h.).
A sighing king of movement with eructation, intermediate between sighing and eructation (aft. æ h.).
Eructation, as if caused by loathing, and pain in the abdomen (aft. æ h.). [Wr.]
An eructation, as from inclination to vomit (aft. 1 h.). [Wr.]
325. Whilst eating and drinking shooting in the side and back, and constant inclination to vomit (aft. 5 h.).
Whilst eating drawing twitching pain in the side of the abdomen (aft. 2 h.).
After a meal, nausea in the region of the pit of the throat. [Hrr.]
Want of appetite and nausea, he has always an inclination to vomit without being able to do so ( forenoon and afternoon).
After eating fulness, and yet good appetite before the meal (329, 330, 339, comp. with 338.).
330. After eating, distension of the abdomen, like fulness.
After eating, distension of the abdomen, like fulness.
After eating a motion of the bowels.
After eating drowsiness. (332, 333, 334, comp. with 347, 348.)
After the midday meal great desire to lie down and sleep.
After eating exhaustion, so that he would like to lie down and sleep.
335. After eating the loathing, the flying heat and ebullition of blood go off.
Nausea [BAKER, (Effects of Cinchona rubra. This symptom on both from the powder.) Med. Transact. Iii, p. 162. ñ QUARIN, l. c.]
Nausea with good appetite. [SCHLEGEL, l. c., p. 161.]
He feels as if some remained up in his throat (aft. 3 h.0. [Stf.]
After a meal he remains for a long time as full as when he had just eaten the food seems to stick high up.
340. Inclination to vomit. [Mch.]
Nausea without vomiting. [Lhm.]
Inclination to vomand vomiting.
Vomiting. [MORTON, l. c. ñ BAKER, l. c. ñ FRIBORG, (Physical effects of the powder.) Diss. de usu cort. Peruv., 1773.]
Continued vomiting. [J. FR. BAUER, (Results of suppression of intemittents by china.) Acta Nat. Cur. iii, obs. 70.]
345. Half an hour after the midday meal pressing aching headache that lasted till bed-time. [Wr.]
After a moderate meal followed by walk, while sitting sick anxiety in the stomach, as from over-loading and derangement of the stomach, and yet at the same time hunger. (See 364, 366, 367, 368, 369.) [Fz.]
Weariness and laziness after dinner. (347, 348, see 332, 333.) [Htn.]
Exhaustion and drowsiness after supper (aft. 12 h.). [Htn.]
After a meal a hard pressing pain in both sides below the navel. (See 350.) [Bch.]
350. After a moderate supper, eaten with appetite, immediately colic, that is: distented abdomen and here and there sharp aching pains mixed with pinching in all the bowels. (Comp. with 349.)
Stomachache, spasm of stomach. (Comp. with 352 ñ 355 and 359, 360, 362, 363, 365.)
Pressure in the stomach. (352 to 355, see 351.) [ROSCHIN, (Not accessible.) Annalen der Heilkunde 1811, Febr.]
In the morning in bed, when lying on the side a pressure in the stomach (as if it were constricted), which went off on lying on the back. [Stf.]
In the stomach a pressure as from fullness. [Hbg.]
355. In the stomach violent aching, which went off while eating (Alternating action with 356.) [Stf.]
After eating any food, however little, immediately a hard long-continued pressure in the stomach. (See 357, 358.) [Hrr.]
After every meal hard pressure in the stomach. (357, 358, comp. with 356, and, on the other hand, the alternating action 355.) [Hrr.]
With a good appetite, after eating (vegetables), at first stomachache, then accumulation of flatulence, then vomiting.
Weight and pressure in the stomach. (359, 360, 362, 363, 365, see 351.) [PERCIVAL, Physical effects of powder) Essays, vol. i.]
360. Heavy pressure in the stomach. [KREYSIG, (Not accessible.) Diss. Obs. de Febr. Quart., Viteb., 1797, p. 17.]
After aching in the stomach, a burning rises half way up in the chest.
Oppresses the stomach. [BAKER, l. c.]
Feeling of fulness in the stomach. [An.]
The food partaken of at supper remains undigested in the stomach. (364, 366, 367, partly also 369, comp. with 346 and 368.)
365. Feeling of heaviness in the stomach. [QUARIN, l. c.]
Milk readily deranges the stomach.
By taking rather too much food, even of the most innocent kind, the stomach is immediately deranged, and an insipid taste in the mouth, a fulness in the abdomen, crossness and headache come on.
Indigestion. [FRIBORG, l. c.]
Feeling of emptiness and qualmishness in the stomach.
370. Feeling of coldness in the stomach.
After every mouthful of drink feeling of internal coldness in the epigastrium, which is renewed at every breath (aft. 4 h.).
Pain in the region of the stomach, like aching, which alleviated every time he rises from his seat, recurs on sitting down and lasts two hours (aft. æ h.). [Wr.]
Tearing aching under the last true ribs, at the left side of the ensiform cartilage. [Gss.]
Sore sensation with pressure (or pain as if a wound were pressed on) in the region of the scrobiculus cordis (several mornings). [Gss.]
375. A violent aching under the scrobiculus cordis, as if all were excoriated there, the same in all positions, also when touched soon after this a violent diarrhoea, whereby the pain in the scrobiculus cordis was not relieved (aft. 7 h.). [Myr.]
Stomachache, which takes away the breath. [STAHL, l. c.]
A squeezing together in the scrobiculus cordis, which impedes inspiration (aft. Ω h.). [Htn.]
Sufferings under the short ribs. [STAHL, l. c.]
Hypochondrial sufferings. [STAHL, l. c.]
380. Anxiety in the region of the scrobiculus cordis. [CARTHEUSER, l. c.]
Pain in the abdomen, aching, pinching (shooting), under the scrobiculus cordis, as if diarrhoea would ensue, but no stool comes, in the evening. (382, 383, but especially 390 to 392, comp. with 386, 459.) (aft. 36 h.). [Fz.]
Twitching shooting in the stomach (aft. 3 h.0. [Wth.]
Under the last rib contractive pain and as if bruised, only when walking. (See 433, 455, also 446 to 453.) (aft. 24 h.). [Fz.]
Flying stitches here and there in the stomach and abdomen. (Comp. with 391, 398, 399, 402, 403, and 464 tp 469.)
After every drink a stitch in the precordial region. (Comp. with 638.)
After every mouthful of drink shivering or chillness with goose-skin (aft. 6 h.).
After drinking griping as from a purgative.
390. Sharp stitches in the scrobiculus cordis. (See 649.) [Hrr.]
Sharp stitches in front under the last ribs, without relation to expiration or inspiration. (See 386, 398, 399, 402, 403, and 464 to 469.) [Gss.]
Shooting pain in the scrobiculus cordis to the sternum. [Lhm.]
Shooting aching in several spots of the epigastrium, in the morning in bed (for four successive days). [Hrr.]
After moderate eating, at noon and in the evening, a pinching aching somewhat above the navel in the epigastrium, which becomes intolerable on walking, and is only allayed by perfect rest.
395. In the umbilical region severe cutting, with cold sweat on the forehead for a quarter of an hour (aft. a few minutes). [Wr.]
Pains in the abdomen in the umbilical region, combined with shivering.
In the region of the spleen cutting aching, as if the spleen were indurated. [Fz.]
Sharp stitches in the left side of the epigastrium, just beneath the ribs, from within outwards, increased by inspiring (aft. 7 h.). [Hrr.]
When walking, even slowly, shooting in the spleen. [Fz.]
400. Pinching stitches in the left epigastric region (aft. 1.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
Obstruction of the spleen. [MURARY, (Supposed ill-effects of china, mentioned only to reject them.) Apparat Medicam., edit., sec., I, pp. 856, 857.]
Continued stitches under the right ribs in the hepatic region, neither diminished nor increased by inspiration or expiration 9aft. 4 h.). [Htn.]
Violent stitches from within outwards in the hepatic region, only during expiration 9aft. 5 h.). [Htn.]
Several attacks of intermittent aching in the hepatic region, when standing, which goes off on bending the body forwards on touching the region is painful as if gathering (aft. 5 d.). [Fz.]
405. Swelling of the liver. [KREYSIG, l. c., p. 27.]
Obstruction of the liver. [MURRAY, l. c.]
Induration in the abdomen. [STAHL, l. c.]
Indurations (In the original. ìangustia et firmitas.î All other effects of china referred to this writer are mentioned by him only to reject them.) of the intestines. [JOH, GOTTER, BERGER, Diss. de Chinchina ab iniquis judiciis vindicata, Viteb., 1711.]
The epigastrium feels tightened. [Hrr.]
410. Fulness of the abdomen. (410 to 413, see 414, 415.) [KREYSIG, l. c.]
Obstinate and anguishing tension of the abdomen. [STAHL, l. c.]
Flatulent distension. [FISCHER, l. c.]
Painful distension of the abdomen, and especially of the hypogastrium. (414, 415, comp. with 410 to 413, and 419 to 424.)
415. In the morning distension of the abdomen, without flatulence.
At noon before eating and soon after eating, cutting in the abdomen, as in incarceration of flatulence.
Fermentation in the abdomen from eating fruit (cherries).
Flatulence and frequent discharge of flatus. (See 492.) [Hbg.]
Tympanitis, (419 to 423, see 414, 415.) [STAHL, l. c. ñ THOM. THOMSON, (Results of suppression of intermittents) Med. Rathpflege, Leipzig, 1779, p. 117.]
420. Distension of the abdomen as from drinking much, and partaking of flatulent food. [Hbg.]
Distension of the abdomen, pain in the abdomen and diarrhoea. [KREYSIG, l. c., p. 25.]
Attacks of hardness, distension, and pains of the abdomen. (This with S. 740 and 882, occurred instead of the ague paroxysm, five days after beginning China.) [AL, THOMPSON, in Med. Inq. And Obs., iv, No. 24.]
Tiresome, tight distension of the abdomen. [Stf.]
Swelling of the abdomen. [CARTHEUSER, l. c.]
425. Ascites, encysted dropsy. [STAHL, l. c.]
Rumbling in the abdomen (aft. 1 h.). [Stf.]
Rumbling in the epigastrium (aft. 2 h.). [Wth.]
Rattling in the left side of the ab, backwards and downwards, as if in the descending colon. [Fz.]
Grumbling in the hypogastrium. [Lr.]
430. Cruel, intolerable colicky pains. [J. FR. BAUER, l. c.]
Colics. [STAHL, l. c.]
Flatulent colic (aft. 2 h.).
Flatulent colic deep in the hypogastrium the lowest bowels are as constricted, and the flatulence vainly attempts to force its way out with aching and tensive pains, and even under the short ribs it causes tension and anxiety.
Pain in the abdomen with nausea. [W. MAY, (Physical effects of powder.) in Lond. Med. Journ., 1788.]
435. Pain in the abdomen, and at the same time great thirst (aft. 1 h.).[Bch.]
Scrobutic colic.[CRUGER, l. c.]
Indescribable pains in the abdomen. [J. A. LIMPRECHT, (Effects of China in agues.) Acta Nat. Cur., ii, Obs. 129.]
Ulcers in the abdomen. [STAHL, l. c.]
Inflammation in the abdomen. [STAHL, l. c.]
440. Heat in the umbilical region. [Hbg.]
Aching in the umbilical region. [Hbg.]
During the aching in the abdomen some chilliness. [Wr.]
Hard pressure in the left side of the hypogastrium (aft. 3 m.). [Gss.]
Aching pain in the region of the caecum (when sitting). [An.]
445. In the evening severe aching pain in the abdomen, as if diarrhoea would come on, when sitting, which was dissipated by walking and standing. [Fz.]
Contractive pain in the abdomen, in the evening when sitting, which goes off on raising himself up, but still more on standing and walking. (446, to 453, See 385, 433 and 455.)[Fz.]
On the right side, below the navel, a contractive aching, as if an induration were there, when sitting. [Fz.]
Contraction of the abdomen and of the sides with heavings and fallings of the scapulae. (See note to S. 187.) [AL. THOMPSON, l. c.]
Pain in the abdomen, like pinching and drawing, mostly when sitting. [Fz.]
450. Sensation of contraction of intestinal canal, and grumbling in the hypogastrium. [Hrr.]
Cramp pain in the groin coming in jerks, when standing. [Fz.]
Pinching and colic-like constriction of the bowels, above the navel, when he rises up after stooping. [Fz.]
Pinching together, as if it were externally, under the right side of the navel, when sitting, in the evening (aft. 13 h.0. [Fz.]
Violent pinching in the epigastrium (he must crouch together to relieve himself) (aft. 1 h.), alternating with inclination to vomit and urging to stool, with rigor all over after the pinching aching in the epigastrium. [Wth.]
455. Spasmodic pain in the abdomen, compounded of aching and constriction (aft. 24 h.).
Aching and heaviness in the abdomen.
Pinching, aching pain in the abdomen when walking, towards evening. [Fz.]
Pinching in the abdomen with increased hunger and exhaustion. (aft. 3 h.).
Pinching, shooting pains in the abdomen. (Comp. with 382, 400.) (aft. 1.1/2 h.).
460. Violent pinching in the abdomen, which went off on rising up from his seat. [Wr.]
In the abdomen above the pubes pinching going here and there, as if a diarrhoea would occur, with small discharges of flatus, while sitting (aft. 27 h.). [Fz.]
Beating in the right side of the abdomen. [Hbg.]
Extremely violent aching shooting on the left side below the navel, on walking quickly and afterwards (aft. 2 h.). [Gss.]
Obtuse shooting pain in the region of the right kidney, worse on bending the body. (464 ñ 469. See 386, 391.) (aft. 24 h.). [Hrr.]
465. Obtuse shooting on the left side of the abdomen, round about the navel, and at the same under the right nipple towards the interior (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
Obtuse shooting above the navel on the right, worse when touched. [Hrr.]
Obtuse shooting in the left hypogastrium, in the region of the kidney. [Hrr.]
Obtuse stitches in the lumbar regions. [Hrr.]
When sitting, during inspiration, stitches darting downwards in the abdomen. [Fz.]
470. Cutting in the abdomen, in frequent fits, in the umbilical region. (See 491, 549.)[An.]
When walking, drawing pain in the right side of the abdomen. [Fz.]
Great discharge of flatus, together with a drawing in the abdomen during a hard stool, which is evacuated with difficulty (See 495, 496, also 481 and 516.) (aft. 48 h.). [Ws.]
When flatus is about to be discharged, the abdomen is pinched together with violent pains. (See 461, 490, 491.).
In the evening, between 6 and 10 oíclock, great grumbling and rolling about of much flatulence in the abdomen, with aching sensation, whereupon very foetid flatus is discharged. [Bhr.]
475. Tearing in the navel. [Gss.]
Extremely violent tearing on the right side near the navel, towards the groin, in the whole inguinal region, diminished by bending back. [Gss.]
In the abdomen, under the navel, tearing and rumbling. [Hbg.]
Pain in the abdominal muscles, as if bruised (aft. 1 h.).
In the inguinal ring excoriation-pain, and sensation as if a hernia would come out through the sore ring (aft. 4 h.).
480. Aching tearing pain on the left, near the pubes. [Hrr.]
Increased peristaltic movement in the hypogastrium, associated with aching. [Hbg.]
Aching in both sides of the abdomen, as if a stool ought to come but cannot.
(With urging and straining to stool, nothing but flatus comes away.)
Call to stool. [Hrr.]
485. During the day a soft stool. [Bhr.]
Stool thinner than usual. (486, 487, see 497 ñ 502.)[Bch.]
Looseness of the bowels. [MORTON, l. c.]
Lumpy, yellow, soft stool, in the morning. [Fz.]
Bilious stools, [ALPINI, (General statement from observation.) Hist. Febr. Epid., p. 93.]
490. Pain in the bowels before a discharge of flatus.
Before a discharge of flatus, cutting pains dart in all directions through the abdomen. (Comp. with 470, and 549.) (aft. 1 h.).
Accumulation of and then great discharge of flatus. (Comp. with 418.) (aft. 1 h.).
Discharge of extremity foetid flatus (aft. 10 h.).
Much horribly foetid flatus is discharged. [Stf.]
495. Bellyache before the stool. (495 ñ 497, comp. with 472, 481.)
Stool with bellyache.
Three times soft stool with smarting burning pain in the anus, and with bellyache before and after each stool. (497, 498, 501, Comp. with 472, 481.)
Looseness of the bowels, like diarrhoea.
Frequent, diarrhoeic, blackish stools. (From the extract the stools looking (says the author) like the extract itself.) [Quarin, l. c.]

Последний раз редактировалось: sma111 (Вс Янв 23, 2022 11:17 pm), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
sma111

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 23, 2022 11:15 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

часть 3

500. Severe purging. [SYDENHAM, (Observed effects of China. This symptom not found.) Opuscula, Lips. 1695, p. 382.]
Diarrhoea of undigested faeces like a kind of lientery.
Diarrhoea: it is as if the excrement contained undigested food it comes away in separate pieces (aft. 12 h.), and when it is passed, there still remains desire to go to stool, but no more passes. (See 501.) [Hrr.]
He must press out the motion with the greatest effort, although it is not hard, but pappy, and it is followed by ineffectual urging to stool, with pain. (503, 507, 509, see 504, 505.)[Fz.]
Costiveness and accumulation of faeces in the bowels, with heat of head and dizziness. (504, 505, comp. with 503, 507, to 509. The costiveness of china in secondary action or reaction of the organism to the great tendency of this medicine to excite diarrhoea in its primary action.)
505. The stool comes after long urging only, with great pressing, and then it causes much pain.
Stoppage of the evacuation. [MURRAY, l. c.]
All day long constipation, and in the evening costive stool. (507, 509, see note to 504, 505.) [Trn.]
Constipation. [QUARIN, - BAUER, - FISCHER, l. c.]
Constipation: long-continued accumulation of hard faeces in the rectum. (No such symptom to be found.) [FOTHERGILL, Essays, tom. ii, p. 92.]
510. Haemorrhoidal bleeding. [ALPINI, l. c.]
Sensation in the anus during the stool, as from an acrid matter.
A burning and burning itching at the orifice of the anus (immediately).
Diarrhoea with burning pain in the anus.
Stitches in the anus during an evacuation mixed with blood (514, 515, 526, comp. with 516.) (aft. 5 h.).
515. Penetrating stitches in the anus and rectum, not during evacuation (aft. 5 d.).
Sharp stitches in the lower part of the rectum, especially in the sphincter ani also during and after the stool, shooting drawing for three days. (See 514, 515, 526.) [Hrr.]
After the stool a crawling in the rectum, as from tworms.
Crawling in the rectum, as from thread-worms, and evacuation of many of them.
A crawling in the anus.
520. A constant burning pain in the rectum after the midday sleep (aft. 4 d.).
An aching in the rectum (aft. 2, 6 h.).
Tearing and tearing jerks in the rectum while lying in bed (aft. 10 h.).
Contractive pain in the rectum, especially when sitting (aft. 72 h.).
Fine stitches in the inguinal flexure, on the pubes, almost only when walking. [Fz.]
525. In the inguinal flexure, especially on the tendon (of the psoas muscle), an aching drawing, when sitting. [Fz.]
Shooting pain in the perineum, especially acute when sitting down.
The urine is not passed more frequently, but is paler, and yet deposits a cloud (aft. 3 h.). [Fz.]
In the evening, when passing urine, a burning smarting in the anterior part of the urethra. (Comp. with 539 and 540.)
A throbbing in the region of the bulb of the urethra (aft. 6 h.).
530. While urinating a shooting in the urethra.
Painful sensitiveness in the urethra, especially when the penis is erect, also observable while sitting and standing up.
After frequent and almost ineffectual urging to urinate, a pressing in the bladder.
The first twelve hours scanty secretion of urine, but thereafter more copious.
The urine flows in a weak stream and slowly, and there is very frequent call to urinate.
535. Very frequent urination (aft. 24 h.).
Frequent, and such urgent cal to urinate that the urine is involuntarily pressed out.
Burning pain in the orifice of the urethra during and after urination (aft. 3 h.).
A continual burning in the orifice of the urethra.
Increased discharge of urine, with burning at the orifice of the urethra. (539. 540, see 528.) (aft. 2 h.). [Ws.]
540. Continual burning at the orifice of the urethra, with a feeling of excoriation at the seam of the prepuce, both especially painful from the friction of the clothes (Comp. with 754, 819.) (aft. 2 h.). [Ws.]
A twitching pain betwixt glans and prepuce when walking.
Pressing pain in the glans before urinating.
Itching on the glans penis, which makes him rub it, in the evening in bed.
A pain as of fine needle-pricks on the frenum of the glans on touching it the pain became more severe, namely, shooting and tensive nothing was to be seen externally.
545. Excites urination. [ALPINI, l. c.]
Whitish cloudy urine with white sediment. (Comp. with 527.)
Scanty yellowish-green urine. [FISCHER, l. c.]
Pale yellow urine, which, the following morning, deposits a dirty yellow, rather loose sediment. [Bhr.]
Pressing and cutting in the bowels during and after the discharge of a white cloudy urine. (See 470 and 491.)
550. White stool and dark urine. (Comp. with 856, 857.) (aft. 48 h.).
Dark coloured urine with brick-red sediment (See 552.). (aft. 24 h.). [Trn.]
Scanty urine with brick-red sediment, and red-spotted, hard prominent swelling of the foot. (Comp. with 551.)
Spasmodic contractive pain from the rectum through the urethra to the glans penis, and through the testicles, in the evening.
A crawling running and itching in the anus and urethra, with a burning in the glans penis.
555. Increased sexual desire.
Frequent erections of the penis (aft. 6 h.).
Nocturnal seminal emissions. (Comp. with 558.)
Great seminal discharge, about 3 a.m. (See 557.) [Bch.]
Swelling of the spermatic cord and testicle, especially of the epididymis, painful to the touch.
560. Drawing pain in the testicles.
A kind of tearing pain in the left testicle and the left side of the prepuce, in the evening in bed.
An itching crawling in the scrotum, in the evening in bed, compelling him to rub it. (Comp. with 563.)
Shooting itching in the scrotum. [Fz.]
Hanging down of the scrotum (aft. 1 h.).
565. Increase of the menses that are present, to the extent of metrorhagia the discharge passes in the black clots. (565 seems to be the primary action of china, and 566 the secondary action or reaction of the organism for excitement of the circulation and haemorrhagia from the nose 174 to 176, from the mouth 238, and from the lung 586, are its not infrequent primary effects.) (aft. 1 h.).
Suppression of the menses. (See 565.) [RAULIN, l. c.]
Sneezing (aft. º, 2, 3 h.).
Sneezing with coryza (aft. 1, 2, h.).
Several times violent, dry sneezing (aft. 7 h.). [Stf.]
570. Watery discharge from the nostril, which, nevertheless, is stopped up (aft. 13 h.). [Fz.]
Coryza, with sensitiveness of the nose and some papules on the border of the nostrils and the septum nasi painful to the touch (aft. 9 d.). [Ws.]
Coryza, so that there is running from the nose for two hours. [Fz.]
Symptoms of a stuffed coryza. [An.]
Noisy breathing through the nose. (See note to S. 187. ìGerauschî in original is sibilus.î[AL. THOMPSON, l. c.]
575. Something is adherent in the throat (the larynx), so that the tones of the voice and of singing become deeper and deficient in clearness. (575, 576, 577, comp. with 578 to 581.)(aft. 2 h.).
A whistling and wheezing in the wind-pipe when breathing 9aft. 2 h.).
Tightness on the chest (at night) whistling, rattling, snoring, and wheezing in the wind-pipe, and yet the viscid mucus does not excite coughing (aft. 5 h.).
In the larynx stitches and feeling of roughness. (578 to 581, see 575 to 577.) [An.]
Sensation of accumulation of mucus in the larynx. [An.]
580. Mucus adheres in the larynx, which he continually hawks up and which makes the voice hollow and hoarse. [Stf.]
Hoarse rough voice. [An.]
A kind of suffocative attack, as if the larynx were full of mucus, especially towards evening, and (at night) on awaking from sleep (582, 603, comp. with 595 to 597, 599 to 602, 604 to 606)(aft. 8 h.).
Violent cough immediately after eating (aft. 4 h.).
In the evening tickling causing cough, which he could suppress.
585. Cough excited by laughing.
(Coughing up of bloody mucus). (Comp. with 593.).
At night about 2 and about 4 a.m. suffocative cough lasting half a quarter of an hour
( a kind of whooping-cough) she screams out from it, but not before she has coughed several times. (587, 588, comp. with 591, 653.)
He wakes up after midnight with a cough, at each cough-impulse he feels a sharp shooting in both sides of the chest, and yet he could cough in the lying position.
Pain in the trachea and sternum when coughing.
590. From the cough, pressive pain in the chest and excoriation feeling in the larynx. (590, 610, 613, comp. with 611, 612, 614, 615, 617, 620, 622.)
(During the chill of an ague) troublesome cough with stitches in the side. [FISCHER, l. c.]
Continual irritation to hacking cough, in the morning after rising, as from sulphur fumes, whereby nothing is expectorated, for several mornings. [Gss.]
Suspicious cough (Comp. with 586.) [JUNCKER et FRITZE, (From China given for gangrene of foot, with alkermes and syrup of Canella.) Diss. de usu cort. Peruv. Discrete Halae, 1756, p. 26.]
In the wind-pipe under the larynx, a kind of drawing, followed by the cough with one impulse. [Fz.]
595. Tightness of the chest. (595 to 597, 599 to 602, 604, to 606, comp. with 582, 603.). [BALGIVI, (Results of suppression of intermittents by China.) Praxis, lib. ii, (590, 610, 613, comp. with 611, 612, 614, 615, 617, 620, 622.) 2, 3. = AL. THOMPSON, l. c.]
Tightness of the chest. [CARTHEUSER, l. c.]
Oppression on the chest. [Fz.]
Inclination to breathe deeply before the mid-day meal.
In the evening a feeling of oppression and uneasiness in the chest he feels compelled to breathe deeply and then must expire in a sighing manner, whereby the oppression is diminished for the moment, with weak, scarcely perceptible pulse and anxious impatient humour. [Bhr.]
600. Great oppression of the chest in the region of the scrobiculus cordis, as if something was digging around therein (aft. 4 h.0. [Gss.]
Tightness of the chest with difficult, sometimes rattling, expiration (chiefly when walking) and roughness of the chest (aft. 4 h.). [Htn.]
Impeded respiration, for half an hour. (See note to S. 187.) [AL. THOMPSON, l. c.]
Heavy, difficult, painful inspiration, and rapid expiration.
Suffocative asthma. (In the original, simply ìasthma.î) [AL. THOMPSON, l. c.]
605. Fatal oppression of the chest. (When the cinchona-bark was administered in the cold stage of ague.) [JOH. DE KOKER, l. c.]
An Agreeable fulness in the chest, as from satiety, with (sweet) pleasant taste of the saliva (aft. 1 h.). [Fz.]
Tensive pain, especially in the external pectoral muscles (in the morning).
Some twitching and subtulus here and there in the pectoral muscles. [An.]
(A creeping in one side of the chest as if something were running about in it.)
610. A sharp aching combined with creeping in one side of the chest.)
Pressure on the chest. (See 590, 610, 613, 621.) [Fz.]
Aching pain in the chest. [Css.]
Pressure on the whole anterior part of the chest, at night when he lay on the back.
Pressure on the left side near the ensiform cartilage. [Hrr.]
615. External pressure on the middle of the sternum when the upper part of the body is bent forward, also when standing, which is removed by pressing upon it (aft. 26 h.). [Fz.]
Pressure outwards in the region of the lowest ribs (aft. 24 h.). [Ws.]
Great pressure in the sternum after a meal worst when he sat in a stooping position and had his arms elevated.
On inspiring severe stitches under the last ribs, that take away his breath.
Under the right last rib a small spot, which causes a shooting pain both by the slightest pressure and when walking.
620. When sitting in a stooping attitude, pressure externally on the sternum, which causes anxiety and does not allow the breath to be drawn in enough, going off when raising himself up (aft. 6 h.). [Fz.]
In the side of the chest a pressive pain that impedes respiration.
Hard pressive pain in the right side of the chest, in the region of the fourth and fifth ribs. (See 590, 610, 621.).
On the right side of the chest drawing aching when sitting, which is relieved when standing and walking. [Fz.]
Pain in the side, as if bruised or as if from a blow.
625. Drawing pain behind the sternum. [Hrr.]
In the whole chest a burning inward-pressure.
Inferiorly over the chest aching drawing pain when sitting, which causes anxiety it goes off when standing and walking. [Fz.]
On the right side of the chest, in the middle, on a not large spot, a contractive pain so that he must almost involuntarily suddenly jerk out and expel the breath. [Fz.]
Over the chest, when sitting in a stooping attitude, an intermitting cutting aching, which goes off on raising himself up, but still more completely when standing and walking. [Fz.]
630 Aching, fine shooting on the left side of chest (aft. 8.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
Stitch in the side. [RICHARD, l. c.]
Shooting in the chest, in the morning. [Hsch.]
Shooting in the left side of the chest. [Lhm.]
Shooting in the side, at night, but during the day only when moving or touching it (aft. 13 d.).
635. Shooting in the chest on walking quickly, which went off when at rest. [Lr.]
Some violent stitches in the chest, immediately above the precordial region, when he was not moving, especially when reading (aft. 3.1/2, 16, 18 h.). [Lr.]
Stitches in the side when sitting and reading. [Lr.]
Some stitches from the sternum through to the back soon after drinking. (Comp. with 387.) (aft. 8 h.).
Sharp stitches in the thoracic cavity, from within outwards, in the region of the sixth and seventh true ribs, without relation to expiration or inspiration (aft. æ h.). [Hrr.]
640. Regularly recurring obtuse stitches, from within outwards, in the thoracic cavity, when at rest and when moving, and without relation to respiration (aft. 1 h.). [Ws.]
In the right side of the chest, in the region of the fourth rib under the arm, a shooting, as if it were in the pleura, almost like a persistent stitch, which goes off by pressing on it and by stooping down (aft. 6 h.). [Fz.]
Sharp stitches between the seventh and eighth left ribs. [Hrr.]
Pain in the bone in the joints of the ribs, as if bruised, on inspiration.
Sharp stitches near the right nipple, from within outwards (aft. 10 h.). [Hrr.]
645. Sharp stitches, from within outwards, on the sternum where the ribs join on to it on both sides, without reference to expiration or inspiration (aft. 2 d.). [Hrr.]
Sharp shooting pain on the left, near the ensiform cartilage and in the scrobiculus cordis, only when expiring (aft. 60 h.). [Hrr.]
Shooting in the left side of the chest (during expiration) when sitting (aft. 2 h.). [Lr.]
A tickling shooting in the left side of the chest towards the region of the heart. [Htg.]
When drawing in the breath severe stitches in the scrobiculus cordis. (Comp. with 390, 392.). (aft. 3 h.).
650. Obtuse stitches on the chest, which compel him to expire. [Fz.]
Obtuse shooting on the cartilages of the third and fourth left false ribs, without relation to inspiration or expiration. [Hrr.]
Stitches in the side with great heat, strong, hard pulse, and staring eyes. [J. A. PH. GESNER, (Not accessible.) Sammlung v, Beob., I, p. 244, Nordlingen, 1789.]
Fever like a kind of false leurisy. (591, 653, comp. with 587 to 589.) [GREDING, (In an epileptic, taking Hyoscyamus. After an intermediate dose of China, he had ìdiarrhoea, dolores rhematici, febrisque pleuritiden spuriam oemulans.î ) in Ludw. Advers., tom. I, p. 90.]
A boil on the pectoral muscles.
655. (Throbbing in the sternum, in the evening and morning.)
Palpitation of the heart. (Comp. with 657 to 659.)
Palpitation of the heart and rush of blood to the face, which became hot and red, and at the same time coldness of the hands (aft. 1 h.). [Bch.]
Violent beating of the heart, with depressed pulse and coldness of the skin. [Wth.]
Strong beating of the heart combined with an anxious feeling. [Htg.]
660. Pain as from dislocation in the scapula (aft. 24 h.).
Tearing in the region of the left scapula, on inspiration. [Gss.]
Drawing tearing pain in the left scapula 9aft. 9 h.). [Htn.]
Contractive pain between the scapulae, when standing (aft. 3 h.). [Fz.]
Needle-pricks over the right scapula and in the left side of the chest (aft. º h.0. [Ws.]
665. Pain in the back on the slightest movement, as if bruised (aft. 3 h.).
Throbbing, shooting pain in the back. (Comp. with 657 to 659.)
Small stitches on the middle of the spine (667, 668, see 666.) (aft. 5 h.). [Htn.]
Shooting in the left side of the back (when sitting.) [Lr.]
Intolerable pain in the sacrum, as from cramp, or as if beaten and crushed, which on the slightest movement forces out a sudden cry. (Comp. with 674.)
670. A crawling itching on the coccyx, which goes off for a short time only by rubbing. (aft. 1 h.).
Twitching tearing on the left side in the sacrum. [Gss.]
Severe shooting, drawing pains in the middle of the sacrum towards the lumbar vertebrae. [Htg.]
Twitching over the sacrum.(aft. Ω h.). [Wth.]
Painful jerks on the sacrum. (See 669.) (aft. 21 h.). [Ws.]
675. (Stretching) pain in the sacrum, as from a heavy weight, or as after long stooping (aft. 23 h.). [Htn.]
The neck drawn obliquely on one side. (In original, simply ìcontractions of the neck.î See note to S. 187. ) [AL. THOMPSON, l. c.]
Several stitches in the nape (which leave behind a kind of stiffness therein. (See 680, 682, 683.) [Htg.]
Slow drawing stitches in the anterior cervical muscles, when at rest. [Bhr.]
(Anetriorly on the neck red miliary eruption, without itching.
680. Movement of the nape is painful. (Comp. with 677, 682, 683.)
Pain in the nape towards the neck, on turning the head as if he had swollen cervical glands (though he has none) on touching the pain is still more severe, as if bruised (after a walk).
Drawing pain on the right side of the neck inferiorly, at the commencement of the nape, when standing, which goes off when stooping. (682, 683, see 677 and 680.) [Fz.]
Drawing pains in the nape. [An.]
On the slightest movement sweat on the nape and back.
685. Paralytic twitching tearing on the top of the shoulder, which is acutely painful when touched, and when the pain is gone it can be excited anew by touching even the pressure of the coat on the shoulder excites it. (It is peculiarly characteristic of China that its pains are aggravated not only by movement, anespecially by touching the part (See 466, 619, 634, 688, 695, 696, 701, 704, 713, 761, 776, 830), but also that they are renewed when not present by merely touching the part, as in this symptom and 749, 772, and then often attain a frightful intensity, hence this medicine is often the only remedy in cases of this description.) [Hrr.]
Tearing pressure in the left axilla an on the anterior and inner border of the scapula. [Hrr.]
Intermittent pressive drawing pain on the border of the right axilla towards the front (aft. 3 d.). [Hrr.]
Paralytic twitching tearing which proceeds from the head of the humerus, and extends (in the muscles and bones) to the phalanges of the fingers, where it becomes less painful at the same time the whole arm is weaker the pain is increased by touching (aft. 3 h.). [Hrr.]
A weakness in the arms, observable wen he tightly closes the hands. (Compare partly with 688 and 693, 695, 696.)
690. Shooting pains in the upper arm which however went off immediately on moving it (aft. æ h.). [Wr.]
Twitching tearing in the humerous towards the upper and inner part (aft. 2 h.). [Hrr.]
Tearing, first in the left, then in the right upper arm (aft. Ω h.). [Lr.]
Paralytic pain on the right upper arm, which begins at the head of the humerus, and becomes lost in the hand as a fine and feeble tearing, during which the whole body, and especially the forehead, is warm (aft. 8 h.). [Hrr.]
Tearing and drawing in the arm when she stands at the window.
695. Paralytic twitching tearing in the long bones of the upper extremities, more violent when touched (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
Paralytic tearing in the upper extremities, which spreads into all their parts, increased more by touching than by movement. [Hrr.]
A tension in the arms and hands (aft. 2 h.).
Stretching out the arms with bent fingers. (See note to S. 187.) [THOMPSON, l. c.]
A tearing darting through the left elbow-joint, frequently recurring.
700. On the elbow-joint, sensation, as if blood were extravasated in the skin. [Htg.]
Painful drawing in the coronoid process of the left elbow (in the bend of elbow), worse when touched. [Hrr.]
Tearing pain in the left elbow-joint, worse on movement (aft. 2 h.). [Hrr.]
Shooting in the left elbow-joint. [Fz.]
Tearing in the shafts of both ulnae, worse when touched. (704, 707, see 705.) [Hrr.]
705. From the elbow to the fingers drawing pain in the bones, in the evening. (Comp with 704, 706, 707.) (aft. 24 h.).
Tearing extending hither and thither, at one time in the right forearm (which went off by rubbing), at another in the left (aft. 4 h.). [Myr.]
Drawing pain on the bones of the forearm, as from scraping on the periosteum with a blunt knife. [Fz.]
The forearm goes to sleep when flexed (e. g. when writing), with a fine shooting in the tips of the fingers. (Comp. with 731, 828.)
Sharp drawing shooting across the left wrist (in the evening) (aft. 13, 14 h.).
710. In the hollow of the hand, across the roots of the fingers, drawing pain. [Fz.]
The hand is painful (cramp-like drawing) on grasping. [Fz.]
Trembling of the hands when writing (aft. 1 h.). [Lr.]
Twitching tearing in the metacarpal bones and fingers, aggravated by touching. (713, 714, see 722.) [Gss.]
Twitching tearing in the wrist and metacarpal bones. [Hrr.]
715. Tearing where the metacarpal bones join the wrist (aft. 5 h.). [Hrr.]
Obtuse shooting on the metacarpal bone of the right index. [Hrr.]
On moving the left hand a drawing pain over the back of the hand, which is swollen.
Tearing in the bones of the distal phalanges of the fingers of the right hand, especially severe in the joints, without relation to movement (aft. Ω h.). [Hrr.]
A drawing upwards in the left thumb, index, and middle finger.
720. Fine shooting upwards in the distal joint of the right thumb. (Shooting tearing and shooting drawing (which sometimes passes into twitching tearing, seems also to be one of the characteristic pains of china, see also 709, 738, 798, 799, 800.) [Hrr.]
Twitching tearing on the metacarpal bone of the right little finger. (721, see 722.) [Gss.]
Twitching pain in the left little finger (Comp. with 713, 714, 721, 724.)
Knuckle of the middle finger swollen he cannot move it on account of stiffness and pain.
Twitching tearing in the phalanges of the fingers (aft. 24 h.). [Gss.]
725. The hands are sometimes warm, sometimes cold.
One hand is icy cold, the other warm.
Blue nails. [CRUGER, l. c.]
Superiorly in the flesh of the right nates, on the coccyx, aching increasing in a pulsating manner, while sitting, which goes off on standing up. [Fz.]
Tearing drawing in the left nates when sitting. (729. 730, see 748.) [Fz.]
730. Drawing in the nates, and at the same time in the knees, when standing, which leaves off when seated. (This symptom, though unaccompanied by the name of any authority, is not among Hahnemannís own observations.)
The lower extremities go to sleep when seated. (See 828.)
Pain, like shooting and burning, in various parts of the lower extremities at the same time. [Gss.]
Exhaustion and relaxation, as from a long journey on foot, in the thighs and legs. [Hbg.]
Weakness and unsteadiness in the hip- and knee-joints, for two successive mornings, as if he had made a long journey on foot the previous day on prolonged movement the feeling goes out of the joints, and gives place to a bruised pain, the first day more in the legs. [Bhr.]
735. Exhaustion in the lower extremities when walking, all day long (aft. 2 h.). [Wr.]
Exhaustion in the thighs. (Comp. with 733.)
Painful drawing in the long bones of the lower extremities. (See 748.) (aft. 2 d.). [Hrr.]
Spasmodic (stitch-like) drawing in the thighs and legs (aft. Ω h.). [Wth.]
In the inguinal and knee-joints aching drawing when sitting, which goes off on walking and standing. [Fz.]
740. Pain in the hip-joint, in the knees and feet, as if they were dislocated or cut to pieces. (See note to S. 422.) [AL. THOMPSON, l. c.]
Drawing pain on the thigh bones, as if the periosteum were scraped with a blunt knife. [Fz.]
Slow, painful drawing in the inside of the left thigh, which seems to be only in the skin. [Fz.]
Pain of the posterior muscles of the thigh, as if they were beaten when sitting.
In the anterior muscles of both thighs tension when walking.
745. (A burning anteriorly on the upper parts of the thighs.)
Spasmodic drawing in the right thigh from the hough upwards(with sensation of pressure), just as if it would draw up the leg, in the evening when sitting, which goes off by standing and walking. [Fz.]
In the middle of the left thigh a twitching (aft. 5 h.). [Wth.]
A tearing by jerks in the thigh.
Twitching tearing on the right and left thighs forwards and outwards, excited only by touch, not by movement. [Hrr.]
750. Twitching tearing on the anterior aspect of the left thigh. (aft. 2 h.). [Gss.]
Tearing in the thigh bones, from above downwards, when at rest and when moving, in fits, for several days (aft. 72 h.). [Ws.]
Tearing that extends from the knee-joint to the thigh, accompanied by a weakness which renders walking and standing difficult. [Hrr.]
In the shaft of the thigh-bone a painful, aching drawing downwards, chiefly when sitting, in the afternoon.[Fz.]
Painful sensitiveness of the skin on the thighs, from the friction of the clothes, as if the skin were rough and covered with papules (aft. 8 d.). [Ws.]
755. In the left thigh, when standing, a sensation as if there were a hardened node in the flesh, with drawing pain in it. (See 771.) (aft. 2 h.). [Fz.]
Hard swelling of the thighs, which sometimes goes down over the knees to the beginning of the feet, becomes thinner below, is reddish, and is painful when touched. (Comp. with 785, 792, 793.)
Stitch darting upwards in the right thigh posteriorly, when standing. [Fz.]
When he rises from a seat, burning and formication, as of having gone to sleep, in the thigh on which he was sitting, especially in the hough, particularly observable when standing. [Fz.]
Cramp-like, paralytic pain in the right thigh and knee-joint on rising up from a seat when he has sat for a considerable time, and when walking (aft.5.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
760. Twitching tearing internally in the patella. [Gss.]
Paralytic tearing in the right knee-joint, which spreads now towards the thigh and now towards the leg, with weakness of the part, and aggravation more by touch than by movement. [Hrr.]
In the right knee, on rising up from a seat and when walking, a sharp drawing pain, which went off again when sitting (in the afternoon). [Stf.]
Shooting in the left knee-joint. [Fz.]
Slight trembling of the knees on rising up after sitting, which went off whilst walking. [Bch.]
765. Knucking together of the knees, especially on going upstairs. [An.]
When walking the knees give way and knuckle together. [Fz.]
Coldness and chilliness of the knees (aft. Ω h.).
In the knees twitching pain (Comp. with 760, and partly with 773.).
Hot swelling of the right knee with drawing tearing pains, from which he awakes at midnight.
770. Pain in the knee on the slightest motion, as if bruised (Comp. with 759.) (aft. 3 h.).
(Pain in the knee on bending it, preventing sleep, with nodes. (Comp. with 755.).[Lumps in the skin there].)
A pain on the side of the patella when touched (aft. 2 h.).
On the tendons of the flexor muscles in the hough jerking drawing , synchornous with the pulse. (See 768.) [Fz.]
Sensation in the leg as if a garter were too tightly tied about it, and as if would go to sleep and become benumed.
775. An internal uneasiness in the legs compelled him to bend them and draw them up. (See 837 to 840.). [Fz.]
Bruised pain of the bones of the leg when treading, and still worse on touching when she touched them the whole foot shivered and was chilly, as if she immersed it in cold water.
Drawing pain in the right tibia inferiorly, near the heel, and then in the whole foot (when sitting). [Lr.]
Pain in the lower half of both legs, as if the periosteum were bruised and swollen, only when standing on touching it sore pain as if on an excoriated bruised spot.
On extending the left leg, when sitting, an aching drawing pain superiorly on the inside of the shaft of the tibia below the patella, which goes off flexing the leg. [Fz.]
780. Aching drawing on the tibia, in the evening, when sitting, which goes off when standing and walking. [Fz.]
When walking shooting in the tibiae, which went off when at rest (aft. 5 and more h.). [Lr.]
Painful cramp in the left calf, at night, on extending and flexing the foot, which prevents sleep. (aft. 16 h.).
When walking in the open air, single, sharp, rapidly recurring stitches in the upper part of the calf. [Fz.]
Tearing in the calf. [Lr.]
785. Hard, dark red swelling on the calf, which went on to suppuration. (See 756, 792, 796.) [PELARGUS, Obs. ii, I, p. 72.]
Over the tendo Achillis a severe burning tension. [Htg.]
Weariness of the feet, as they were bruised (aft. 4 h.).
Paralysis of the feet. [CRUGER, l. c.]
Over the tendo Achillis a severe burning tension. [Htg.]
Weariness of the feet as if they were bruised. (aft. 4 h.).
Paralysis of the feet. [CRUGER, l. c.]
Violent shooting burning on the dorsum of the foot close to the tibia (when sitting). [Gss.]
790. Coldness of the feet, in the evening.
Shooting in the left foot. [Lr.]
Swelling of the feet. [STAHL, l. c.]
Painful swelling of the feet. [FISCHER, l. c.]
Very soft swelling of the soles of the feet.
795. Contractive pinching pain on the outer side of the foot, on the side of the sole (aft. 6 h.). [Htn.]
Violent itching on the right sole when walking and sitting, relieved for a short time by scratching. [Hrr.]
Pricking formication from the big toe to the dorsum of the foot, as if the part had been frost-bitten, in the evening when sitting, which goes off when walking and standing. (Although the china pains and sufferings are most frequently (next to touch, see 685.) aggravated and increased by movement of the pat, yet there is a not altogether rare alternating action, where they are diminished and allayed by movement, as here and 682, 728, 739, 746, 775, 779, 780, and also where they are especially produced when at rest, 729, 743, 753, 837, 838, 839.) [Fz.]
Shooting drawing in the heel (aft. 48 h.). [Gss.]
Shooting tearing in the sole of the foot in the region of the heel, while sitting and walking. [Hrr.]
800. Very violent tearing shooting in the soles, when sitting and walking. [Fz.]
Drawing pain in the metatarsal bones of the right foot. [Hrr.]
When standing, drawing with sore pain on the dorsum of the foot, which goes off when sitting. [Fz.]
Cramp-like drawing in the inner side of the left foot when sitting. [Fz.]
Twitching tearing in the bones of the foot and metatarsus. [Hrr.]
805. Twitching tearing in the metatarsal bones and toes. [Gss.]
Twitching tearing, increased only when touched, not by movement, in the metatarsal bones and phalanges of the toes, especially in the joints (aft. 31 h.). [Hrr.]
Twitching tearing where the metatarsal bones unite with the bones of the tarsus (aft. 25 h.). [Hrr.]
Boring stitches in the tips of the toes. (Comp. with 791.).
Shooting now in the tibiae, now in the back, now in the chest, when sitting (aft. 14 h.). [Lr.]

sma111

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 23, 2022 11:24 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

часть 4
810. Excessive, almost painful sensitiveness of the skin of the whole body, even of the palms of the hands. (Comp. with 540, 754.). (aft. 10 h.).
In the wound a digging pain.
In the ulcer boring pain.
In the wound (the ulcer) a shooting itching pain for two hours. (813, 814, comp. with 825.) (aft. some h.).
(In the ulcer shooting throbbing pain, even when at rest.)
815. The ulcer becomes painfully sensitive, and there occurs a boring pain in it.
In the ulcer throbbing pain on moving the part, but not when at rest.
(In the ulcer there appears foetid-smelling ichor there is burning and aching in it, he dares not let the foot hang down the foot is painful when standing.)
Itching, particularly in the evening, on the arms, loins, and chest after scratching papules appear.
Smarting itching allays it for instants only but if he lies on the unaffected side, so that the itching parts come uppermost, the itching soon goes off (aft. 8, 9 h.).
820. Smarting itching almost confined to the parts whereon he does not lie (in the midday sleep), and which are turned uppermost (aft. 25 h.).
Itching of the skin after scratching blisters appear, as from nettle-stings.
Itching of the skin on scratching blood exudes.
In the warmth and at night in bed a burning itching in the hough and on the inner side of the arms, with an eruption of small vesicles, which contain water, but dissappear in the cold air.
Fine shooting on various parts of the skin. [Fz.]
825. (Shooting in a cicatrized wound in the left foot. (See 813, 814.) [Fz.]
In the skin, especially of the abdomen, in some parts a tugging as if a hair were pulled. [Fz.]
Spasmodic twitching in various muscler parts. [An.]
The limbs on which he lies go to sleep. (See 708, 731.)
Stiffness and numbness of the limbs.
830. Twitching tearing on various parts of the limbs, especially of the hands and feet, aggravated by touching. [Gss.]
Bone pains in the joints of the ribs, of the limbs, of the shoulders and scapulae, as if they were beaten, when he stirs or moves in the very least. (831 is alternating action with 837, 838, and 840.)
In the bones he feels like a drawing. [Fz.]
Stretching, extremely acute drawing pain in almost all the bones, now in one, now in another, which at first went off for a few moments on lying down, but then recurred all the more violently (aft. 14 h.). [Bch.]
Gout. [MURRAY, l. c.]
835. Rheumatic pains. [GREDING, - RAULIN, l. c.]
Pains in the limbs, especially in the joints. (See 831, 837 ñ 840.) [FISCHER, l. c.]
Pain of the joints when sitting and lying the limbs will not allow him to lie quietly in one position, as after excessive fatigue from a long journey, or as after great debility caused by excessive blood-letting or too frequent seminal emissions the limbs must be laid now here, now there, and be sometimes flexed and at another time extended. (837 to 840 comp. with 775. The weakness here described, as if proceeding from a great loss of humours, is in conjunction with the phenomena indicated und, 862, 863, 865, 889, and 893, together with the symptoms of the disposition of china (1095, 1096, 1103, 1107 to 1110, 1113, 1125, 1126, 1131), the symptoms of deranged digestive organs (229, 242, 249 to 255, 265, 269, 277 to 279, 283, 289, 290, 293, 294, 296, 298, 301, 302, 305, to 307, 310, 318 to 321, 329, 330, 339), the suffering after food (332, 333, 350, 351, 357, 358, 364, 366, 367, 369 to 371, 387, 394, 414, 416), the too-easily excited perspiration, especially in the back on movement and during sleep (684, 1058, 1060, 1064), and the confusion of the head(6, 8, to 16, 18, 19, 21 to 23), exactly that for which china is the only suitable remedy, and which almost without exception occurs in persons who have experienced a very considerable loss of strength by haemorrhages and frequent blood-letting, by prolonged escape of milk from the breasts and unduly prolonged suckling, by excesses in venery and onanism, or frequent involuntary seminal emissions, by profuse morbid sweats or taking sudorifices in excess, by diarrhoeas, or frequently repeated purgatives. In morbid debility of other kinds, when the disease itself is not suitablefor this remedy, the administration of china is always followed by injurious often fatal consequences, although even in such unsuitable cases a stimulation of the strength is produced by it in the first few hours but the unnatural, over strained character of this is easily percieved, and but too often a premature death is the consequence of this over-stimulation, and if in such cases its use is long continued, the patient falls into a cachectic condition hard to cure, and which is the result of the physicianís maleficient art.)
Pain of all the joints as if beaten, in the morning slumber the longer they are left lying still the more painful are they - hence it is necessary to turn the limbs frequently, because the pains are diminished by movement on awaking completely they go off.
Pain in all the joints, as from a great weight pressing on them, in the morning in bed, which goes off on getting up.
840. While sitting, pain in all the joints, as from a heavy weight pressing on him the longer he sits the more weary he becomes.
On rising from (the noon) sleep all the joint feel stiff.
On rising from sleep in the morning and from the midday sleep, a paralytic stiffness of all the limbs, that causes dejection of mind.
Cracking in the joints.
Everywhere he is in pain, the joints, the bones, and the periosteum, as if he had sprained himself, and like a drawing and tearing, especially in the spinal column, in the sacrum, in the knee and the thighs.
845. Tensive pains. [B. M. ETTMULLER, (Results of suppression of intemittents by china.) Diss. de usu et abusu proecipit., cap. 3, 5.]
Oppression of all parts of the body, as if his clothes were too tight (after a walk in the open air).
Wandering rheumatism, sometimes in one part, sometimes in another, without swelling or fever, alternating with pains in the interior of the body. (From the long-continued.) [SYDENHAM, Opusc., p. 351.]
A burning. Mingled with some formication and itching, in various parts of the body, by day. [Gss.]
Consumption. [MURRAY, - BAGLIVI, l. c.]
850. Cachexiae. [MURRAY, - BERGER, l. c.]
Lingering fevers. [BAGLIVI, l. c. ñ STAHL, Obs., Clin.]
Dropsy. [MURRAY, - BAGLIVI, - BERGER, - RICHARD, - RAULIN, - ROMBERG, - STAHL, - THOMPSON, l. c.]
Anasacra. [STAHL, l. c.]
Swelling of the limbs. (854, 855, see 756, 785792, 793, 794.] [CARTHEUSER, l. c.]
855. Erysipelatous swelling of the whole body. [FORMEY, l. c.]
Yellow colour of the skin. [FISCHER, l. c.]
JAUNDICE. [BERGER, - STAHL, - THOMPSON, - RICHARD, l. c.]
He feels ill all over he is not at all well.
The sensitiveness of the whole nervous system is, as it were, morbidly increased, strained and irritated.
860. Excessive sensitiveness of all the nerves, with a morbid feeling of general weakness. (860, comp. with the symptoms mentioned in the note to 837. Here is described the peculiar weakness which china especially excites in a high degree, and it is especially this form that is permanently relieved by china, when at the same time the other symptoms resemble those produced by it. This particular kind of weakness is especially characteristic of those exhausted by loss of humours.)
Internal feeling, as of an illness about to come on.
Over-irritation, with pusillanimity and intolerance of all noises.
Languishing condition of mind and body, with over-sensitiveness. (Comp. with 888.)
Ailments from a slight draught of air.
865. Too great delicacy and over-sensitiveness of the nervous system all impressions of sight, smell, hearing, and taste are too strong for him, they offend his inner sensibility and affect his disposition.
The former pains a great heaviness in the whole body.
Weariness.
Trembling powerlessness of the limbs, with dilated pupils. (Comp. wit 890.)
Inclination to lie down.
870. Exhaustion. [GESNER, l. c.]
Exhaustion in the limbs. [STAHL, Obs.]
Chronic weakness. (Not found.) [THOMPSON, l. c.]
Sinking of the forces. [ROMBERG, l. c.]
Sunken forces. [CLEGHORN, (Effects of china in agues.) Diseases of Minorca, pp. 191, 213.]
875. Feeling of exhaustion, especially when he rises from a seat he would like to sit down again, and unless he strains his muscles he sinks back on his chair, whereupon an agreeable feeling of rest ensues (aft. 3, 4 h.). [Bhr.]
He had a difficulty in walking, and felt soon exhausted, as from a feeling of weight and paralysis in the thighs. [Stf.]
Heavy feeling of the body. [RAULIN, l. c.]
Heaviness in all the limbs, especially in the thighs, as if lead hung upon them. (Comp. with 733, 736.) [An.]
Laziness. [Wth.]
880. When he tried to keep himself erect for some minutes there ensued stiffness, paleness and loss of consciousness. [GESNER, l. c.]
Unconsciousness and exhaustion at the same time. [Lhm.]
Slight attacks of (Should be ìas of,î See note to S. 422.) apoplexy and unconsciousness. [THOMPSON, l. c.]
Exhaustion and relaxation of the whole body. [Hrr.]
Severe fainting fit. (In a powerful man, to whom a drachm of best red cinchona-bark had been given in one dose the fainting fit was so severe that he could not be roused from it until an emetic was given to him.) [BAKER, in Medical Transactions, vol. iii, Lond., 1785.]
885. Syncopes. [MORTON, - MURRAY, - CRUGER, - GESNER, l. c.]
Syncope ñ death. (SYDENHAM also (Opera, Lips., p. 379) mentions two men having died in his time from cinchona-bark taken a few hours.) [DE KOKER, l. c.]
Asphyxia, apparent death. [CRUGER, l. c.]
Exhaustion and relaxation of body and mind (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
Exhaustion: he can scarcely hold up his head, and falls asleep. [Fz.]
890. Flaccidity in all the limbs and trembling in the hands. (See 868.) [Lhm.]
Relaxation of the whole body, felt also seated, but far more, when walking. [An.]
Sometimes weakness, sometimes feeling of excessive strength in the joints. (Alternating action in a healthy person.) [Fz.]
He feels quite weak and faint in the open air, and as if sinking away about the stomach and chest, although he has plenty of strength for walking. [Fz.]
Extraordinary facility of all movements, as if he had no body. (Alternating action after previous feeling of weakness caused by cinchona-bark.) (aft. 2 to 3 h.). [Fz.]
895. Liveliness, but with staring eyes, all the evening. (A kind of unnatural excitement, as in the so-called strengthening treatment of ordinary practitioners, when they are unable to remove from the patient his disease, and yet will hypocritically procure from him strength and liveliness for a few hours.) [Hsch.]
Comfortable feeling, in the evening. [Lhm.]
Trembling in all the limbs, felt not seen, combined with feeling of coolness. [Hbg.]
Twitchings. [GESNER, l. c.]
She cannot sleep all night she is occupied with nothing but disagreeable thoughts, one after the other.
900. He cannot fall asleep on account of many ideas and reflection, each of which only engages him for a short time, but is always supplanted by another hence almost all night long no sleep comes to his eyes towards morning he becquite warm all over yet cannot bear throwing off the bed-clothes, without thirst (aft. 30 h.).
Sleeplessness after midnight but sleepy though he is, his thoughts remain wide awake, he shuts his eyes and often changes his position in bed.
He fell asleep late on account of many thoughts he could not go to sleep he did not sleep soundly, and on rising he was in a very exhausted state.
Sleeplessness until midnight, with aching pain over the whole head. (903, 906, 919, comp. with 889, 900. The aching in the head at night seems to be characteristic of china comp. with 920, 936, 951. Also the pressure in the umbilical region, in the evening in bed 932, is allied with it.) [Bch.]
When about to fall asleep he is awakened by horrible fancies. (904, 905, 933, 938, 946. Restlessness sleep at night, with anxious, frightful dreams, after which on waking consciousness is not quite perfect, or the anxiety they cause continues (934, 935) are quite peculiar to china, see 936, 937, 939, to 947.)
905. He starts up when about to go sleep.
Before midnight till 2 a.m. unusual wakefulness. [Lhm.]
Drowsiness, with palpitation of the heart.
Incessant yawning, without sleepiness. (908, and 955, 958, are alternating action with 916.)
Drowsiness by day. (909 to 913, comp. with 915, 916.).
910. The eye-lids will close from weariness and sleepiness (aft. Ω h.).
Constant day-drowsiness he falls asleep unexpectedly.
When sitting invincible drowsiness.
As soon as she sits down, by day, she immediately nods and slumbers but if she lies down, she becomes wide awake from the least noise.
Sleepiness and soon thereafter again wakefulness. [Hbg.]
915. Drowsy lassitude. [STAHL, l. c.]
Drowsiness all day, with stretching of the limbs and yawning. [An.]
He wakes in the morning two hours earlier than usual. [Bhr.]
He starts up at night in sleep.
Sleeps only from 3 till 5 a.m. [Lhm.]
920. Very deep sleep, like that of an intoxicated person, without once waking in the morning his head is quite dazed, as if he had not slept enough, and he gets aching in the temples on shaking the head. (Comp. with 951.) [Fz.]
Snoring and whining in sleep, in children. (Comp. with 938.)
Snoring inspiration and expiration in sleep.
Snoring inspiration (through the nose) in sleep (aft. 3 h.).
In sleep there occurs at one time snoring inspiration, at another blowing (puffing) expiration.
925. In sleep one eye is open, the other half shut, with eye-balls turned backwards like a dying person (aft. 1 h.).
In sleep he lies on the back, the arms stretched out above the head, with slow expiration and strong quick pulse.
Restlessness, sleeplessness. [RAULIN, l. c.]
Restless sleep, with tossing about, without waking. [Htg.]
Restless sleep. [CLEGHORN, l. c.]
930. Restless sleep he could not fall asleep when he got to sleep he soon woke up again, with perspiration on the hair of the head and the forehead, and chilliness over the back. [Wr.]
Restless sleep, and after waking in the night, slight sweat all over. [Hbg.]
In the evening in bed a pinching pressure in the umbilical region. [Fz.]
At night a frightful dream (aft. 8 h.).
Heavy dreams in the night sleep, which make him anxious after waking.
935. Anxious dream: he has to go perpendicularly down into an abyss, where upon he wakes, but retains the dangerous place so vividly in his imagination (especially when he shuts his eyes.) that he remains for a long time in great fear about it and cannot calm himself.
All night long alternately headache and dreams, from which he starts up in affright. (936, 937, 939, to 945, 947, see note to S. 904.) [Lhm.]
At night restless sleep, from which he started up from time to time, and then every time remained for some instants without being able to collect himself. [Myr.]
Restless sleep full of dreams and crying out.
In the evening, on going to sleep, confused dream pictures, from which he wakes up again (aft. 16 h.). [Ws.]
940. At night, on awaking out of frightful dreams, anxiety. [Hrr.]
At night fearful, startling dreams of falling from a height, with waking up full of restlessness and inability to collect himself for some instants. [Wth.]
Fearful dreams of misfortunes, from which he wakes p, but without being able to come to himself. [Gss.]
Anxious dreams at night, from which he awoke in a half-conscious state, and for some time continued afraid. [Wth.]
A sleep disturbed by confused and disconnected dreams, with repeated awakings he woke up but could not quite recollect himself. [Bch.]
945. Confused, nonsensical dreams after midnight, mingled with semiconscious waking. [Hrr.]
When he wakes at night, he cannot recollect himself.
Confused, absurd dreams, by which he is often woke up from sleep. [Hrr.]
At night restless sleep, with vexatious dreams and tossing about, from which he wakes up every time. [Fz.]
Voluptuous dreams with pollutions. [Hbg.]
950. As soon as she closes her eyes to go to sleep, she dreams about nasty things.
At night, in sleep, he tosses about hither and thither, throws off the clothes, and has all kinds of vexatious dreams about things that have occurred long ago in the morning he cannot get quite awake on account of emptiness and confusion of the head in the morning he is as if broken on the wheel and not at all refreshed by sleep.[Fz.]
On awaking at night he feels giddy, so that he could not trust himself to sit upright.
In the morning on awaking, anxious ideas and thoughts.
Towards morning heat in the head and oppression of the chest.
955. Inclination to yawn. [Ws.]
Yawning.
Stretching.
Yawning and stretching of the limbs. [Htn.]
Dread of the open air.
960. In the open air great shuddering, with rigor and goose-skin. [Wth.]
He gets shuddering and chilliness in the open air which is not cold, this goes off immediately in the room. [Fz.]
In the open air of moderate coldness, trembling of the limbs from chilliness, and shudder passing over the thighs. [Fz.]
Though the room is cold he does not feel chilly (aft. 9 h.). [Fz.]
Cold hands and chilliness externally all over the body, as if he had cold water poured over him, in the open air, where is went on to chattering of the teeth in the room this went off, but the hands remained cold.[Trn.]
965. Coldness of the hands and feet, even in the warm room. [Fz.]
Cold hands (aft. º h.).
Sensation of icy coldness in the left hand which, however, is not colder externally to the touch than the right. (Alternating action with 975, 976.)
Coldness of the hands, feet, and nose.
Coldness of the hands. [Lr.]
970. Cold feet in the evening (aft. 4 h.). [Mch.]
A cold feeling of the left leg from the knee to the foot. [Hbg.]
A shudder of the same kind over both elbows and knees. [Fz.]
Icy cold feet with warmth of the rest of the body (aft. 1 h.). [Hbg.]
Sensation of coldness on the lower extremities, whilst the face and chest are still warm (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
975. The right hand is warm (while writing), the left cold. (975, 976, alternating action with 967.) [Hbg.]
The right hand is perceptibly colder than the left. [Wth.]
In the morning cold hands and feet, and rigor over the thighs, which increases when walking (aft. 28 h.). [Fz.]
Shivering (aft. º h.). [An.]
A slight shiver all over the body. [Htg.]
980. Flying chill, especially over the back (immediately). [Wr.]
A slight shivering in the back (aft. 3 h.). [Stf.]
Along with chilliness of the body, yawning.
Chilliness of the whole body, with very cold feet (aft. 2 h.). [Fz.]
He is cold all over. (Alternating action with 996, 997, 1000.)
985. Rigor al over the body, without thirst. [Lr.]
Chilliness all over the body, with cold hands (aft. Ω h.). [Myr.]
Chilliness in the whole body, without external coldness. [Lhm.]
Chilliness in the whole body, more internally (aft. 3.1/2 h.). [Myr.]
Palpitation of the heart, followed immediately by chilliness. (The china fever often commences with an accessory symptom, with palpitation of the heart, 989, or with sneezing, 1083, or great anxiety, 1016, 1093, or nausea, 999, 1017, or great thirst. 1048, or ravenous hunger, 1053, 1054, or aching pain in the hypogastrium, 10, or headache, 1015. ) (aft. 20 m.).
990. Chilliness on the body, as if a cold wind blew on him, especiallywhen walking, seldom with shivering, which only comes on when he sits down, over the arms, loins, and thighs (aft. 8 h.). [Fz.]
Shuddering all over the body, with goose-skin (aft. 1 h.). [Htn.]
Shuddering and rigor all over the body. [Wth.]
(In the evening, on lying down, severe rigor.).
Rigor internally and externally in the whole body, sometimes more in the marrow of the bones of the feet, which are colder than the hands (aft. Ω h.). [Gss.]
995. Internal coldness, periodically with shuddering and rigor all over the body (immediately). [Wth.]
Internal chill, without externally perceptible coldness. (996, 1000, alternating action with 984.) (aft. 4 h.). [Ws.]
Internal feeling of coldness, chiefly in the arms and hands. [Bch.]
Rigor on the chest and arms when walking in the open air.
Chill over the arms, with sickness about the stomach, then cold limbs, with shuddering and recurring nausea.
1000. Chilliness, without coldness of the body, without thirst. (On the second and third day after taking the drug, in the febrile attacks the interval betwixt chill and heat became always greater ñ HERRMANN) (in the internal betwixt heat and chill, 1,1/2 h.) [Hrr.]
In the morning rigor for half an hour, without thirst, and without subsequent heat.
(During the febrile chill, thirst .(This, as also 1046, seems not to have been properly observed, for in every other observation I found that in the china-fever there is no thirst during the chill or rigor, 985, 1000, 1001, 1003, to 1005, 1007, 1008, 1040 on the contrary, the thirst only came after the chill or rigor, as we learn from the observations 1009 to 1011, or which comes to the same thing, immediately before the heat, as in 1048. So also the thirst during the china-fever is not met with even during the fully-developed febrile heat, see 1036, 1038, 1042, 1043, 1054, 1055, 1056, 1093, except some burning of the lips, see 1053, or dryness of them, see 1037 and 1055 which dryness is indicated by the expression ñ ìSensation of some thirst during the heat,î 1020, for ìThirst during the flying heat,î 1047, does not refer to fully-developed febrile heat. The thirst thing, during the perspiration, 1064. But the febrile heat accompanied by stitches all over the body seems to be exceptional, 1074, 1075.)
Along with internal chill, external rigor and shivering, during which at first the left hand and left foot are colder, afterwards both hands and feet are equally cold, without thirst (aft. Ω - 1 h.). [Wth.]
Shivering all over the body, but less violent on the limbs, without thirst the body is not cold, only the hands (aft. Ω h.). [Hrr.]
1005. Shivering al over the body, without thirst (aft. 2.1/2 h.). [Hrr.]
Shivering and chill when he comes from the open air into the warm room. ( A rare alternating action in comparison with the much more frequent 960 to 964, 998, 1018) (aft. 5 h.).
Rigor all over the body, with icy cold hands, without thirst (aft. 1 ñ 3 h.). [Htn.]
Rigor and internal coldness, for several hours, without thirst (aft. Ω, 1 h.). [Wth.]
After the shivering through the skin, thirst.
1010. After the chill thirst, not followed by heat. [Trn.]
All day long, from time to time, febrile chill over the whole body, especially on the forehead, which is bedewed with cold sweat a quarter of an hour after the first chill, great thirst (aft. 1 h.0. [Bch.]
Febrile chill (aft. æ h.), alternately coming and going off, at the same time weakness of the knees and tibiae when walking and standing, less when sitting. [Bch.]
In the morning (about 5 oíclock) severe febrile shivering, with weakness of the feet (aft. 12 h.). [Css.]
During the febrile chill, aching pain in the hypogastrium (aft. Ω h.). [Bch.]
1015. Shivering throughout the body, without coldness, then dull, cutting headache extending into the orbits. [Lhm.]
Shuddering and rigor through the whole body, with cold hands and oppression of the mind (aft. 1 h.). [Wth.]
In the morning and forenoon shivering, with cold hands, feeling of nausea, and quick pulse. [Fz.]
In the evening (about 5 oíclock) coldness and shivering when walking in the open air, going off in the room (aft. 10 h.) an hour afterwards great heat, especially in the face, which is increased by movement and when walking an hour after the disappearance of the heat, thirst comes on. [Fz.]
Two attacks of chilliness at different times before the febrile heat. [FISCHER, l. c.]
1020. Heat alternating with chill from half an hour to an hour after the chill the heat comes on some thirst for cold water in the heat. [Hrr.]
While walking in the open air, shivering on the back, then heat in the back, with breaking out of perspiration, followed immediately by renewed sensation of coldness and shivering. [Wr.]
Quick and hard pulse, with flying heat alternating with chilliness in the back, which is covered with cold sweat, as is also the forehead (aft. a few m.), without thirst in the chill and heat, for five hours. [Wr.]
All the afternoon chilliness alternating with heat, at the same time weakness in the lower extremities all much worse when walking in the open air. [Wr.]
Heat in the head, with distented blood-vessels in the hands. (In the china-fever the blood-vessels are generally distented, even during heat in the head alone, as here, or during considerably increased temperature of the body, 1042, or during mere feeling of heat without externally perceptible heat, 1041, and so also during actual external heat, 1056. ) (aft. 4 h.).
1025. The blood mounts to the head, the forehead is hot and the limbs are cold. (1024, 1025, In the china-fever rush of blood to the head is very frequent, generally with redness and heat of face, 1030, 1055, often with chilliness of the rest of the body, 1028, 1029, 1035, also with external coldness, 1031, 1033, or only internal feeling of heat on the face, with cheeks cold to the touch, and cold sweat on the forehead, 1034.)
During the feeling of heat, intermingled with alternating redness of face, lasting all day, febrile attacks of chill and perspiration, with but little thirst. [An.]
All over the body sometimes warmth, sometimes coldness (aft. Ω - 1 h.) [Wth.]
Redness and heat in the cheek and love of the ear, with chill over the arms and abdomen (aft. 1 h.).
Redness and heat in the cheek and ear-lobe of one side ot the other, and before this goes off, chill all over the body, at last on the lower extremities (aft. 4 h.).
1030. Heat on the face, and after some hours shivering and chilliness, with coldness of the whole body.
In the evening, cold hands with hot cheeks. [Fz.]
During the heat he can scarcely uncover the hands without suffering.
Warmth and redness in the face, whilst the rest of the body was cold at the same time a disagreeable cold feeling (chill) on the warm forehead. [Bch.]
Very great internal heat in the whole face, the trunk and the thighs, with cold sweat on the forehead, cold cheeks and cold feet (aft. 10.1/2 h.). [Htm.]
1035. Warmth in the face with chilliness of the rest of the body, and shortly afterwards coldness of the forehead, with warm feeling of the rest of the body. [Hbg.]
Very great feeling of heat on the whole body, with red cheeks, heat on the trunk and arms, moderately warm thighs, legs, and feet, with damp forehead, without thirst. [Htn.]
During the heat, immediately after midnight, no thirst, only dry lips.
Feeling of heat and redness of the cheeks, without externally perceptible warmth in them, without thirst, with cold feet (aft. 9 h.). [Fz.]
After previous increased warmth in the not warm room, whilst walking in the open air, feeling of coldness about the ankles, and coldness of the rest of the body, in the forenoon before a meal. [Fz.]
1040. He eats his dinner with relish and great appetite, and an hour afterwards there occurs chilliness, without thirst, then feeling of heat. [Fz.]
Sensation of heat throughout the body, with distented veins and cold feet no the rest of the body also there is no perceptible external increase of temperature.
Temperature of the whobody somewhat elevated and distented blood-vessels, but without thirst, with readily dilated pupils (aft. 8, 12 h.).
Heat all over the body without thirst (aft. 3 h.).
Heat and feeling of heat on the body at first the limbs are at the same time still cold, and he has also a feeling of coldness in them (aft. Ω h.0., with slight thirst for cold water. [Hrr.]
1045. Dry heat, all day long. [An.]
Unquenchable thirst during the chill and heat of an ague. [J. V. von HILDERBRAND (Effects of china in agues.) in Hufel. Journal, xiii, i. p. 142.]
Feeling of flying heat, with thirst for cold drinks. [Gss.]
Very great thirst, for an hour (aft. 9.1/2 h.)., and thereafter a burning heat all over the body, with throbbing in all the blood-vessels, without sweat, and without thirst, with violently burning ears and burning in the forehead, but only normally warm cheeks, hands, and feet, not with standing which all these three parts seem to his inward feeling to be too hot (aft. 10.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
In the evening, an hour after the heat, dry palate and thirst. [Fz.]

sma111

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 23, 2022 11:25 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

часть 5
1050. After the febrile heat, during the sweat on the back and forehead, thirst. [Wr.]
Fever with anorexia. [FISCHER, l. c.]
In the evening, an hour after the heat, thirst and hunger, then, after eating, there ensued coldness and rumbling in the abdomen. [Fz.]
Heat of the body and redness and heat of face, for three hours, with great hunger the lips burn when he brings them together in the skin about the lips, also there is burning shooting pain (afternoon). [Fz.]
Heat of the whole body (in the afternoon from 5 to 7 oíclock), which on walking in the open air increases, and sweat breaks out on the forehead, with great hunger preceding and lasting into the commencement of the heat, returning also after the fever when walking he feels in the abdomen as if hot water ran down it (heat running all over the abdomen and down the thighs), with red cheeks, without thirst (aft. 12 h.). [Fz.]
1055. Warmth in the face and redness of the cheeks, with dry, sticky lips, without thirst , in the afternoon about 3 oíclock).[Fz.]
Heat on the whole body with swollen blood-vessels on the arms and hands, without perspiration and without thirst (aft. 4.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
Irregular, acute fever, with profuse sweat. [STAHL, l. c.]
He perspires incessantly at night, even under light bed-clothes.
On covering himself up with the bed-clothes he immediately sweats profusely all over disagreeable as this is to him, he is at the same time so drowsy that he cannot collect himself nor get up.
1060. Sweat during sleep.
Sweat during sleep in the morning.
Greasy sweat ni the morning.
In the morning, as soon as he gets up, sweat came on his face.
After awaking (about 3 a.m.), sweat of the body with thirst, but no sweat on the feet, and on the head only where the cheek lies on the pillow.
1065. Profuse sweat. [MORTON, l. c.]
Debilitating sweat at the end of the febrile heat. [SCHLEGEL, l. c.]
General profuse sweat. [ALPINI, l. c.]
In the morning, after the night sweat, the skin is not sensitive to the open air, nor apt to be chilled he can throw off the clothes without injury.
Profuse sweat all over the body when walking in the open air.
1070. Cold sweat on the face with thirst.
Cold sweat all over the body (aft. Ω h.).
The whole body is very warm, especially the face and chest (aft. Ω h.). [Hrr.]
Heat through the whole body, internally and externally, as from drinking wine, with redness of the face. [Wth.]
Heat all over, and fine needle-pricks in the skin of the whole body, particularly on the neck, at the same time great thirst for cold water (aft. 22 h.). [Hrr.]
1075. Over the whole body a transient feeling of heat and actual heat, and on some parts of the skin fine weak needle-pricks, with thirst for cold water (aft. 1 h.). [Hrr.]
Great thirst for cold water, and yet chilliness and heat, especially in the morning immediately after waking. [Hrr.]
More thirst every morning than afternoon. [Hrr.]
Towards evening some heat, quite without chilliness, with quicker pulse (aft. 12 h.). [Bch.]
Quick irregular pulse-beats (aft. 6 h.). [Bch.]
1080. Pulse much slower and weaker (in the first h.). (From a half-ounce dose.) [DE KOKER, l. c.]
Slow weak pulse (aft. 1.1/2 h.). [Htn.]
Slow weaker pulse, which gradually becomes quicker and stronger (aft. Ω h.). [Htn.]
The febrile attack commences with sneezing.
(Fever returning earlier (From its employment in agues.) .) [SCHEGEL, l. c.]
1085. (Decrease of the febrile chill, and increase of the febrile heat.) [SCHLEGEL, l. c.]
(Increased febrile heat.) (From its employment in agues.) [FISCHER, l. c.]
(Talking nonsense during the febrile heat. [SCHEGEL, l. c.]
(Talking nonsense.) (From its employment in agues.) [SCHLEGEL, l. c.]
(Delirium.) (From its employment in agues.) [GESNER, l. c.]
1090. Anxiety, anguish. [CLEGORN, - QUARIN, - ROSCHIN, l .c.]
Extraordinary anguish. [STAHL, l. c.]
Great anxiety - death. (From cinchona-bark taken during the chill of ague.) [DE KOKER, l. c.]
Intolerable anxiety (about 8 p.m. and 2 a.m.) he jumps out of bed and wants to make away himself, and yet he fears to go near an open window or to approach a knife ñ with corporeal heat, without thirst.
Quite besides himself, and in despair he tosses about in bed. (Comp. with 1091, 1092.)
1095. Too anxious caution.
An over-anxious concern about trifles (aft. 1.1/2 h.).
Dejection. [GESNER, l. c.]
Gloominess, hopelessness. (1098, 110, see 1094.) [Gss.]
Inconsolableness. (Comp. with 1098, 1100.)
1100. Discouragement. [An.]
Want of the (usual) cheerful humour he prefers to be alone. [Htn.]
Piteous, subdued whining and crying out.
She falls from time to time into a lachrymose humour, without external cause, from some self-mads, trivial whim, e.g. from some imaginary want, such as that she cannot eat enough, & c. (aft. 20 h.).
In the midst of cheerful humour, sudden , short-lasting crying out and tossing about, without visible or appreciable cause.
1105. What formerly appeared to him in a bright light, seems now to be lusterless, unworthy, and shallow. [Stf.]
Morose, disposed to quarrel. (1106, 1112, see 1107, 1108, 1110.) [Trn.]
He is cross, angry, and easily moved to anger. (1107, 1108, 1110, comp. with 1106, 1112.) (aft. 4 h.).
Ill humour, going on to the most violent anger, so that he could have stabbed someone.
Cross when cause is given, otherwise stupid, perplexed, embarrased.
1110. Extremely disposed to be vexed, and to take every occasion to get cross after wards quarrelsome and disposed to vex others, and to make reproaches and give annoyance to others (aft. 2 h.).
He is inwardly very cross. [An.]
Discontented and sensitive, disposed to quarrel. [Wth.]
Discontented he thinks himself unfortunate, and fancies he is opposed and tormented by everybody (aft. 5 h.).
Disobedience.
1115. Indisposed to think, alternately gay and gloomy for three hours (aft. 2 h.). [Wth.]
Distaste for mental and serious occupations. [Bch.]
No desire for work he is idle.
Serious humour. [Htg.]
Humour gloomy, no wish to live.
1120. Contempt for everything.(Comp. with 1121.) (aft. 1 h.).
Indifference to all external impressions, and disinclination to speak.(See 1120.) [Bch.]
Tranquillity of mind.(Curative action, apparently.) [Lr.]
Ill ñ humour, but neither sad nor quarrelsome, yet not at all disposed for rapid thinking. (Comp. with 1115, 1116, 1123, 1140, to 1142.)
Quiet ill humour, and not disposed to speak (the first day). [Hrr.]
1125. Complaining ill-humour.
Sighing ill-humour. (1126, 1128, 1129, comp. with 1124, 1127.)
Ill-humoured, laconic, disposed to reverie. [Stf.]
He is silent and will not answer.
Obstinate silence he will not answer at all.
1130. Caresses increase his ill-humour.
Ill humoured irresolution she can never come to the point ,and is disobliging at the same time.
Dislike to mental work and drowsiness. [Hrr.]
Dislike to bodily and mental exertion. [An.]
Liking for work, reading, writing, and thinking particularly well-disposed and industrious.(Curative action.)
1135. He makes a number of grand plans for the fu.((1135 to 1138, see 1139, 1143.) [Htn.]
He makes many plans, and thinks over their accomplishment many ideas force themselves upon him at once. [Hrr.]
He has many ideas, undertakes to carry out all sorts of things, builds castles in the air (aft. some h.). [Wth.]
He has a number of plans in his head which he greatly desires to carry to execution, in the evening.[Gss.]
A quantity of scheming ideas.(1139, 1143, together with 1135 to 1138 are alternating actions with 7, 1140, 1141, and 1142.)
1140. Slow flow of ideas.
Periodical cessation of thoughts. [Lhm.]
He is lost in thought (as if the flow of ideas stood still) (aft. 3 h.).
He cannot keep his ideas in order, and commits mistakes in writing and speaking, inasmuch as he puts words first that should come afterwards the taking of others distracts him much (aft. 2 h.).

конец

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Гомеопатическое лечение -> Разное Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: